HAL's new "SHOWROOM AT SEA" on VEENDAM is a hit!

Taking a totally new and different approach to entertainment on the smaller ships new "Showroom at Sea" on VEENDAM! Wow! Vista ships will still have the big lavish production shows, but "Showroom at Sea" is a totally new concept that will blow the competition out of the water! Review today on my blog. Really cool and different!

veendam-showroom-at-sea1.jpg?w=448&h=336

Regards, Richard

Thanks, Richard, for posting information about the showroom at sea. Several of us have been preaching for years that HAL should do away with the glitz and glitter of the poorly produced Las Vegas type shows and replace them with some legitimate, more accomplished performers in a more intimate setting.

I think this is a bold step for HAL, moving to quality entertainment rather than just more of what the other cruise lines do....and not doing it as well.

I am delighted to see this new concept put into place on Veendam and I hope it will be successful and spread throughout the R and S ships in the fleet.

St

ill cannot believe what Carnival did to this beautiful ship with that horrible new aft that was added. All for the mightly Carnival dollar.

FireIce - How can you judge it when you haven't seen it, tried it, and it's not even finished?!?!?! Just because something is "different" doesn't automatically make it "horrible". When its finished, and if you try it and don't like it, fine . . . but don't judge it beforehand.

And actually I think it's intended to make the ship more enjoyable . . . for everyone . . . not any extra charge as far as I've heard.

Regards, Richard

Ya know ---- reading these neggy posts just makes me shake my head. Stuff changes and if you don't like it don't go. HAL didn't do this design change to please everyone but to keep an older ship fresh instead of sending her to the breakers or selling her off somewhere. I will be on her in a couple of weeks and am just going to enjoy myself, my sweetheart, vistas and the amenities, food, crew and the happy folk lucky enough to get away. There are some REAL stuffed shirts out there ---- please stay away and go on Cunard or Crystal or somethin'.:p

Still cannot believe what Carnival did to this beautiful ship with that horrible new aft that was added. All for the mightly Carnival dollar.

Who paid for these repairs: Carnival Corporation or Holland America? I realize that Carnival Corp. owns HAL, as well as many other lines, but doesn't each line have their own operating system and budgets? HAL is a corporation, is it not?

St

FireIce - How can you judge it when you haven't seen it, tried it, and it's not even finished?!?!?! Just because something is "different" doesn't automatically make it "horrible". When its finished, and if you try it and don't like it, fine . . . but don't judge it beforehand.

And actually I think it's intended to make the ship more enjoyable . . . for everyone . . . not any extra charge as far as I've heard.

Regards, Richard

I certainly agree with you. Some people have this unfounded Carnival fixation. I'm very happy that HAL is investing in my favorite class of ships - they should be around for quite awhile!

St

Regards, Richard

Richard,

I tend to agree with FireIce. One of the reasons I choose HAL is because along with Cunard offer Aft pools, something I am VERY fond of. We have been on celebrity & RCCL and don't like really like the midship pools, I feel penned in. What HAL has created is not a pool or a retreat. I feel many of the changes they are making don't suit our lifestyle nor our needs/wants. For Example, the Showroom at Sea, it REALLY looks and sounds to me like it's a Cabaret shows, not a theatre production on a stage. We are not the type to go to bar or cabaret, we love the Theatre and like London's westend, this is why we love cruising. The Showroom isn't a theatre, it's a bar with a big stage.

Don't get me wrong I love HAL, but these changes are making me rethink my choices. A few weeks ago when we were on the Statendam we were set to book the Antartic Christmas cruise on the Veendam. Thankfully we didn't, because now we're having serious doubts about it all together. Somehow HAL's 5 Stars are missing, they seem to be going to a 4 star ship. Or maybe I've been on too many cruises and everything is slowing going downhill.

Bruce

Thank you Richard for all the pictures about the Veendam, I've been reading your blog. I was wondering if you can check the children's area, and do you know if they have a pool for children?. I'm traveling with my child the first week of June.

Thanks and keep having fun!!

Thanks Richard for the photos. I will be on the Veendam in 6 days, when it reaches

San Diego.

I am so glad HAL is making changes. These same people who are upset would be the ones

upset about the tired look of the ship, the same old thing. I do not want the same old.

I want a ship that keeps up with the times.

I cannot wait to see the new Veendam, from the photos it looks great.

Richard, thanks for your reports. I for one am very excited about some of the changes that HAL is doing and I do truly think it is all for the better and enjoyment of HAL cruisers. I can never understand those that are absolutely positive they will hate something before they have actually seen or tried it.:rolleyes:

Richard, thanks for your reports. I for one am very excited about some of the changes that HAL is doing and I do truly think it is all for the better and enjoyment of HAL cruisers. I can never understand those that are absolutely positive they will hate something before they have actually seen or tried it.:rolleyes:

Lisa,

Everyone views things thru different eyes. I am sorry you can't understand my point of view. My impression are based upon what I read and what I see.

Bruce

Thank you Gentlemancruiser (Bruce) for posting what so many of us are feeling about the "remake" of the Veendam. It was a beautiful ship, and the aft pool was greatly enjoyed by many. To destroy (IMO) the aft deck by adding a wading pool is a shame.

Richard,

Thanks for posting.

Your commentary reads somewhat like a news release.

Glad you're enjoying it. Can you say you're not affiliated with HAL, Carnival, a travel agency or public relations group?

Richard,

Thanks for posting.

Glad you're enjoying it. Can you say you're not affiliated with HAL, Carnival, a travel agency or public relations group?

You read my mind..:rolleyes: Nothing wrong with enjoying your cruise,but..

Bulldog

Lisa,

Everyone views things thru different eyes. I am sorry you can't understand my point of view. My impression are based upon what I read and what I see.

Bruce

Bruce do you believe everything you read??? Have you seen the new Veendam "IN PERSON" pictures can be deceiving. I honestly feel until one experiences first hand they cannot give a fair opinion. Until you have actually witnessed in person and seen it yourself only reading this information is Hear Say. I for one was not sure about the Eurodam having read all the negative information by others. The pictures were frankly not very flattering but in person she is beautiful :) I for one am glad that all the negative information I read did not form my opinion of her in advance and or at least I had an open mind. The same holds true for the changes on the Veendam until one can actually be on board this ship and see first hand the changes, they then can make a statement to their feelings, till then that opinion is not fact and is just hear say. Yes, you are free to have formed your own opinion and you can disagree with me but I would rather hear an opinion from someone that has been there and witnessed it for themselves rather than hearing the opinion of someone that reads something and believes it and wants others to follow along being negative without actually witnessing it themselves.

Richard,

Thanks for posting.

You read my mind..:rolleyes: Nothing wrong with enjoying your cruise,but..Bulldog

Richard is an on board lecturer who probably has a great deal of travel experience on different lines...Check out his profile & his WEB site...

http://richarddetrich.wordpress.com/..

Archived