Onboard Service Charges

cfc525

Can someone please explain exactly what these charges are for? Documents say $12 per person per day, and they will be automatically added to onboard account.

I do know that gratuities are a seperate charge that will appear on the itemized statement.

Thank you

These are the tips. On most lines, this covers your cabin steward, waiter and assistant waiter. It also covers all the people behind the scenes that help make your cruise wonderful. This is people in the laundry who wash you sheets and towels, dishwashers and cooks.

Can someone please explain exactly what these charges are for? Documents say $12 per person per day, and they will be automatically added to onboard account.

I do know that gratuities are a seperate charge that will appear on the itemized statement.

Thank you

NCL's daily service charge = the tips for the traditionally tipped employees as others have said above i.e waiter, room stewards etc. Not the bar people(15% is added for them on the vouchers you sign) or the kids crew butlers or concierge if you have them....these you tip according to your use of them...like a hotel concierge...

We were on NCL in March - ordered room service for breakfast and always tipped the server. We also gave our steward an extra tip because he did a great job. I'm sure that all the crew count on these tips.

Thank you

These service charges are the gratutities. There won't be a separate charge labeled "gratuities" on your itemized statement at the end of the cruise, but you will see the $12 per person per day charge there.

As the others said, if you drink, expect a gratuity to be added to each bar bill. If you have kids that use the children's programming, be prepared to tip there. If you use the spa, another tip.

Otherwise, the $12 pretty much covers the "usual" services you get -- and you don't have to run around on the last day of your cruise trying to hunt folks down.

Archived