Copenhagen Hotel advice needed

We are staying in Copenhagen 1 evening before we board our cruise.

We will arrive the afternoon before we board.

We have 2 children (teenager and 10 yr).

Does anyone have a hotel suggestion?

Any must do's with the kids?

thank you -

I recommend tripadvisor for extensive user reviews of hotels worldwide. You can search by location, amenity, visitor type (good for your search with kids) and from the hotel pages you can also launch a half-dozen or so booking sites to compare prices for that property as well. For what it's worth, we booked in an old, quaint hotel called Hotel Kong Arthur.

Mark

We are staying in Copenhagen 1 evening before we board our cruise.

We will arrive the afternoon before we board.

We have 2 children (teenager and 10 yr).

Does anyone have a hotel suggestion?

Any must do's with the kids?

thank you -

I booked the Marriott through priceline for early September for $112/night. It was my first time using priceline and with encouragement from these threads I got a great deal.

We just booked the Marriott yesterday for 2 nights before the cruise in July....it was 250 dollars for both nights the 3 of us because we had the Corporation price but the regular one is twice making the two night a bit less than 500 dollars....the hotel seems to be beautiful and well located....just pay attention if you happen to be on Marriott's website because they show the prices in Danish Krown so it will show about $1,200(DKK) :p:)

Question to RicardoC:

Can you tell us how you got the super rate from Marriott Copenhagen. Was it through a special website.

We are going to CopenHagen in July and are looking for hotels for 2 nights.

Thanks

Question to RicardoC:

Can you tell us how you got the super rate from Marriott Copenhagen. Was it through a special website.

We are going to CopenHagen in July and are looking for hotels for 2 nights.

Thanks

I'm sure Ricardo will supply an answer, but most people on this board seem to have used www.priceline.com.

Hope that helps.

I used Orbitz to get Scandic Copenhagen (a Single end of July) for about the price people were quoting Priceline Marriott. This hotel was mentioned as the one HAL uses. HAL's price $500 Approx.

For some reason Icelandicair was cheaper than HAL with all the rest were more expensive.:rolleyes:

We booked in the Marriott website....the deal was a Corporation Rate from family members that's why the 50% of discount.....I still think 500 dollars for 2 nights is a good deal for the awesome hotel it seems to be....PLUS it has nice large rooms which is good comparing with most european hotels....hope that helped :):cool:

We booked in the Marriott website....the deal was a Corporation Rate from family members that's why the 50% of discount.....I still think 500 dollars for 2 nights is a good deal for the awesome hotel it seems to be....PLUS it has nice large rooms which is good comparing with most european hotels....hope that helped :):cool:

$550 for 2 nights seems quite a bit if you can get it for half that like I and many other CC members did for 2 nights on Priceline. Apparently the Marriott is the only 4 star using priceline in Copenhagen so those of us bidding all ended up with the Marriott for anywhere from 90-112 per night.

If you're a AAA member check their website, I've been getting some pretty good hotel prices there. I'll never use Priceline again, last Sept. we needed one night in Seattle before our Alaska cruise and got the Renaisance for $99.00, great place in the downtown area. On the return I booked anothr night, put in for 3*** downtown and got a Holiday Inn which was a real dump several blocks from the Space Needle not downtown.

Not really helpful unless your family members are going to give people on cruise critic the same deal ;)

I agree with the others try priceline I ma going to try them next year when we go to CPH

Thanks, swdke. I just booked the Marriott for $101 (plus fee / taxes) on June 21. The previous lowest rate I found there was $284!

Best rate is to try Priceline and hopefully get Marriott. No other hotels participate, so if you are awarded a hotel, it will be the Marriott. I've seen successful bids ranging from $90 to about $110. You can go to www.biddingfortravel.com to view the history of what people have been bidding. Good luck.

Thanks, swdke. I just booked the Marriott for $101 (plus fee / taxes) on June 21. The previous lowest rate I found there was $284!

jbkimsey, I am glad it worked out for you. You saved a lot of money, and you'll love this Marriott, I sure did during my stay. Have fun in Wonderful Copenhagen.

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott booked through Priceline?

Did you get breakfast included in the rate?

I've stayed at the Marriott through Priceline. No, breakfast is not included. When I was there, they offered a full American style breakfast buffett, but it was expensive. The better option was to go to the same buffet, but only select the cereals, breads, fruits, etc. for a continental breakfast and the rate was cheaper. Better to do the continental buffett, many items to select from, don't ask me what, but there were many options, and you still leave ver satisfied to begin your day in wonderful Copenhagen.

I've stayed at the Marriott through Priceline. No, breakfast is not included. When I was there, they offered a full American style breakfast buffett, but it was expensive. The better option was to go to the same buffet, but only select the cereals, breads, fruits, etc. for a continental breakfast and the rate was cheaper.

Thanks for the tip

Or we could just walk into the city centre & find a place to eat

Last time we were at the Radisson so I know the hotel meals are $$$ but we had breakfast included.

still wading through the site but I did figure out to bid low then increase the bids :D

Even though I've been bidding for hotels on Priceline since 2000 and understand the strategy, I still check Bidding For Travel.com and/or Better Bidding.com to see the prices others have gotten in any particular area.

Per biddingfortravel, people seem to be getting the Marriott, if it's available, for the bid rates between $90 and $110. One could start at $90, and if it failed, try again at $95, and continue until your bid is accepted. However, you can only bid once per day, or 24 hrs, unless you change your hotel category, 4* vs. 3* vs. 2.* However, I think the Marriott is the only Copenhagen hotel participating. But, you never know, I'd hate to pay $110 for a 2*, though that's unlikely in Copenhagen, but you never know! If you have to bid up to $120 and still not successful, then forget it, as then it's doubtful the Marriott is releasing rooms to Priceline. But keep trying once a week or so, as things may change. But, no point in bidding higher, or even evey day, if you have to bid that high with no success.

Someone mentioned they got the Marriott recently for $101. To make things simple on yourself, just bid at that rate and see how it goes, if no luck, then wait 24 hrs. and try again at $110. If no luck, then rooms may simply not be available to Priceline.

Good luck and keep trying.

Per biddingfortravel, people seem to be getting the Marriott, if it's available, for the bid rates between $90 and $110. One could start at $90, and if it failed, try again at $95, and continue until your bid is accepted. However, you can only bid once per day, or 24 hrs, unless you change your hotel category, 4* vs. 3* vs. 2.*

Good luck and keep trying.

If you change the star rating change the bid to a lower price... you need not bit the same rate for a 2* as you would for a 4* that would be madness;)

Archived