Copenhagen Hotel advice needed

still wading through the site but I did figure out to bid low then increase the bids :D

I tried to go as low as the others, then I had to wait a few days to try again. The lowest I got was $125 for June 5th post-cruise, but I couldn't get it near that for May 25th pre-cruise; so I just booked another hotel for that day.

You may get lucky with your particular date and be able to obtain the lower bids. But, I am still happy that I am paying about half than if booked through other websites.

I tried to go as low as the others, then I had to wait a few days to try again. The lowest I got was $125 for June 5th post-cruise, but I couldn't get it near that for May 25th pre-cruise; so I just booked another hotel for that day.

I think it is the time of the year & how busy they are what affects the bidding.

As long as you are happy with the price that is all that matters

Still cheaper than booking direct with the hotel;)

We are not going till next year so just reading all the bids & how to tips

I hope the rate will still be good when we travel

Lyn

If you change the star rating change the bid to a lower price... you need not bit the same rate for a 2* as you would for a 4* that would be madness;)

Hum, I am not clear on what your saying, but if you bid $90 for Copenhagen in the 4* category, and it was not accepted, you can try again with a "free rebid." Generally, you have to wait 24 hrs to try again. But, if you did want to try again immediately, you'll need to change a criteria other than price to use a free rebid. How this works is to change a criteria. For example, you could change your requirement from a 4* to a 3*, and increase the bid to $95 or $100 if the original $90 bid did not work out. (I guess this is actually a reverse free rebid.) If you're bid is accepted, you'll likely get the upgrade to 4* and the Marriott. The reason why this works for Copenhagen is becasue the Marriott is the only hotel that participates with Priceline in Copenhagen. If you were bidding in some other city that did actually have hotels participating in the 3* category, then obviously you would not want to increase your bid to pay more for a lesser quality hotel and result in overbidding. This particular situation is unique to Copenhagen with regards to free rebids.

However, there's always the chance that someday a 3* or lesser category hotel may become available, or available now. But, for the past 6 years, I have never seen any hotel participate in Copenhagen except for the Marriott. Well, that's not quite true, there was one other 4 star hotel participating once, but it's not been mentioned in over a year.

I got the Marriott for $112, mid-June, 4 nights. Started at $90, then eventually accepted a Priceline counteroffer. I might have saved some by continuing to play the rebid game, but it wasn't worth it to save a total of $20 or so total. Other than something on the level of the Cab Inn chain or a hostel, there was nothing else in Copenhagen near that price. I'll be happy to splurge for breakfast somewhere in town.

Les

Hum, I am not clear on what your saying, but if you bid $90 for Copenhagen in the 4* category, and it was not accepted, you can try again with a "free rebid." Generally, you have to wait 24 hrs to try again. But, if you did want to try again immediately, you'll need to change a criteria other than price to use a free rebid.

Yes Copenhagen seems to be the exception

In reading the BB site (not for CPH) you could lower the bid if you lower the star rating or add an area.

Sorry to be confusing, still learning PL rules

Hum, I am not clear on what your saying, but if you bid $90 for Copenhagen in the 4* category, and it was not accepted, you can try again with a "free rebid." Generally, you have to wait 24 hrs to try again. But, if you did want to try again immediately, you'll need to change a criteria other than price to use a free rebid. How this works is to change a criteria. For example, you could change your requirement from a 4* to a 3*, and increase the bid to $95 or $100 if the original $90 bid did not work out. (I guess this is actually a reverse free rebid.) If you're bid is accepted, you'll likely get the upgrade to 4* and the Marriott. The reason why this works for Copenhagen is becasue the Marriott is the only hotel that participates with Priceline in Copenhagen. If you were bidding in some other city that did actually have hotels participating in the 3* category, then obviously you would not want to increase your bid to pay more for a lesser quality hotel and result in overbidding. This particular situation is unique to Copenhagen with regards to free rebids.

However, there's always the chance that someday a 3* or lesser category hotel may become available, or available now. But, for the past 6 years, I have never seen any hotel participate in Copenhagen except for the Marriott. Well, that's not quite true, there was one other 4 star hotel participating once, but it's not been mentioned in over a year.

I am not able to get 4* on September 12. I check other hotel on line, even a 2* cost $110 or more. I try priceline again for a 3* and got Axel Hotel Guldsmeden at $145

Archived