Ocean (Tahitian) Princess questions

Go-Bucks!

Does the Ocean Princess ship have the Chef's Table?

Deck 8, with the minisuites, is right under the buffet, pool, bandstand, and fitness center. Can you hear any noise from above? We booked 8026 which is under the pool.

Does this ship have the Thermal Suites?

The minisuites look very spacious since they're more square-shaped than long and thin. Do they feel bigger than minis on other ships? Is the balcony as large as other minis? It looks long, but is it thin?

Thanks for any help. Just want to get an idea of what to expect. :D

If I'm not mistaken, this ship was once a Renaissance ship (now Oceania) that carries about 780 passengers. We were on the sisters to this ship (Oceania Regatta, Nautilus & Insignia) and always had a suite on the 8th deck. Never really had a problem with noise, just a little when the crew set up the tables, etc. You will enjoy that room.

Kathie

We sailed on this ship when it was the Tahitian Princess a few years ago. We were in mini suite 8050. No problem with noise at all.

Yes, the layout is totally different on this ship, and the mini appears to be much larger, although I don't think that the actual square footage is all the much larger than other minis, it's just the wonderful layout that is different.

One thing we did notice is that there was only one very small TV in the stateroom when we sailed, but nothing really on to watch back then so it wasn't important to us.

The balcony was the width of the stateroom, but not all that narrow. Plenty of space and totally covered.

I don't think this class of ship offers the Thermal Suite, but I could be mistaken. I know I didn't hear of it onboard when we sailed on her.

We were in cabin 8001 on the Tahitian Princess last summer and had no problem wth noise form above.

I can't remember if they had the Chef's Table, but they did have it on March on the Pacific Princess which is a sister ship.

Also, the Tahitian/Ocean holds about 670 passengers.

Never again! We are not light sleepers & the crew moved chairs & hosed off the aft area around 2 a.m. every night. Go down to deck 6 or 7.

Jan

The minis are only on deck 8 and we absolutely want one. I'll bring earplugs just to be sure. Thanks for the warning, though.

We have had a number of mini's on the Tahitian Princess. The noisiest was when we had 8040. Every morning and night we could hear the lounges and chairs being moved and set up for the day and then packed up each evening.

We have also had 8057 and 8053 and they were much quieter though in 8053 we used to hear the trolley being moved in the Buffet area.

We have booked 8000 when we are on the Ocean Princess (Tahitian) next May and that is directly below the internet cafe so it should be quiet.

Jennie

We have had a number of mini's on the Tahitian Princess. The noisiest was when we had 8040. Every morning and night we could hear the lounges and chairs being moved and set up for the day and then packed up each evening.

We have also had 8057 and 8053 and they were much quieter though in 8053 we used to hear the trolley being moved in the Buffet area.

We have booked 8000 when we are on the Ocean Princess (Tahitian) next May and that is directly below the internet cafe so it should be quieter thankfully.

Jennie

We ended up in a standard balcony cabin on deck seven of the TP last summer because it was a last minute booking and we needed three cabins in a row...

we were pleasantly surprised with the size and layout of the cabin...there was a small sitting area with a loveseat, and overall it felt much more spacious than standard balcony cabins on either the coral or dawn.

It was also a very quiet location...never heard a thing over the course of the 14 day cruise.

We were in 8049 on the Tahitian last November, and just loved it. There were NO noise issues whatever!

The minisuite layout on this ship creates a sense of spaciousness. The balcony is the same width as the cabin, and although it is rather narrow (but then I am used to Caribe deck balconies on the big ships) there's plenty of room for the chairs. And instead of the plexiglass panel, there are the metal rails below the wooden railing, so it's a good place to prop your feet up.

Stick with your plan to get the mini. They are wonderful, and this ship is a real gem.

Archived