Do lunches at Cagney's differ from Main dining room lunches?

Arwenmark

I usually eat lunch in the main dining room but next cruise will be in a suite and so can eat lunch in Cagney's I wondered if it really differs that much or at all from what is normally served in the dining room or is it the same foods?

The breakfast and lunch that are served at Cagney's are wonderful. They had different food then the main dining rooms. It is such a nice, quiet and relaxing atmosphere and the food is great. The freshly brewed, hand pressed, coffee was superb. You will enjoy Cagney's.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Do the Breakfast and Lunch at Cagney's have an upcharge? or is the upcharge only for dinner?

This (breakfast and lunch at Cagneys) is only for suite passengers and is included in their suite price.

Big Green

Do the Breakfast and Lunch at Cagney's have an upcharge? or is the upcharge only for dinner?

Upcharge is only for dinner. Breakfast and lunch are free for suite passengers.

Just to add... Steak and eggs for breakfast. The steak is a small fillet, so tender you can cut it with a fork.

I usually eat lunch in the main dining room but next cruise will be in a suite and so can eat lunch in Cagney's I wondered if it really differs that much or at all from what is normally served in the dining room or is it the same foods?

Chris said it is smaller menu, less people, more attentive waiters; generally she liked it more than the main dining room. They offered a buffet for breakfast but not at lunch. This was on the Spirit in March 2009.

We were in a CV last November on the Gem in Europe. Breakfast & lunch is wonderful, you can order "off the menu" also. There is a different lunch menu daily, breakfast is about the same each day consisting of both buffet items & menu items. They had a couple of lunches our 16 year old son enjoyed early in the cruise, so he politely asked if he could get what he had before and they had no problem getting him anything he wanted. He's a pasta / club sandwich type kid and they were great at accomodating him.They also have a breakfast sandwich with crab cakes, I had them every morning by themselves, not in the sandwich. The staff at Cagney's is wonderful to say the least. We have our next cruise planned for this November on the Pearl and made sure we had a PH just so we could have breakfast & lunch at Cagney's.

Can anyone eat in Cagney's for breakfast and/or luch without an additional charge or is it just for the AF suite and above? Thanks.

AE and above only for breakfast and lunch.

We were in a CV last November on the Gem in Europe. Breakfast & lunch is wonderful, you can order "off the menu" also. There is a different lunch menu daily, breakfast is about the same each day consisting of both buffet items & menu items. They had a couple of lunches our 16 year old son enjoyed early in the cruise, so he politely asked if he could get what he had before and they had no problem getting him anything he wanted. He's a pasta / club sandwich type kid and they were great at accomodating him.They also have a breakfast sandwich with crab cakes, I had them every morning by themselves, not in the sandwich. The staff at Cagney's is wonderful to say the least. We have our next cruise planned for this November on the Pearl and made sure we had a PH just so we could have breakfast & lunch at Cagney's.

As mentioned, there is a brand new lunch menu which does not change daily. I even had baby lamb chops one day.:)

You'll be happy to know that the full sz Cagney's crabcake appetizer is now offered daily at lunch. So are those gigantic shrimp cocktail.

Many items from the dinner menu (like the Cagney's fries, creamed spinach, garlic mashed, etc.) are now on the lunch menu.

DH enjoyed "fatouche w/salmon" one day. An appetizer but a huge portion that was more than enough for lunch. He didn't know that when he ordered and was pretty full when the steak arrived.:eek::D

As mentioned' date=' there is a brand new lunch menu which does not change daily. I even had baby lamb chops one day.:)

You'll be happy to know that the full sz Cagney's crabcake appetizer is now offered daily at lunch. So are those gigantic shrimp cocktail.

Many items from the dinner menu (like the Cagney's fries, creamed spinach, garlic mashed, etc.) are now on the lunch menu.

DH enjoyed "fatouche w/salmon" one day. An appetizer but a huge portion that was more than enough for lunch. He didn't know that when he ordered and was pretty full when the steak arrived.:eek::D[/quote']

If something appeals to us in the main dining room, but we still want to eat in Cagney's for lunch, can we order from the main dining room menu as well?

McCall- I would have an early breakfast in Il Adagio (the Sun's suite venue) and I would ask for a copy of that day's menu for lunch. Based on that advance information I could decide where I wanted to dine for lunch.

If something appeals to us in the main dining room, but we still want to eat in Cagney's for lunch, can we order from the main dining room menu as well?

Well, unless a server went all the way down to the main DR galley to get you something, the menus now are completely different from one another.

For example, one day on the Dawn on the 3 nighter I noticed Venetian was serving a meatball sandwich and spinach & cheese cannaloni. Previously those were also included the same day on the Cagney's lunch menu.

Not so anymore. The new Cagney's menu is 2 full pages with none of the DR items on it. So you could probably check which menu appealed to you more and head to that venue for lunch.

was just wondering an AF suit category does that include breakfast and lunch at Cagneys or is it just the penthouse and villas

AF is a mini-suite, which is a misnomer (it should be called a deluxe balcony cabin). It does not have suite privileges such as breakfast/lunch in Cagney's, a concierge or a butler...or anything else that comes with a suite.

Archived