Opinions pls: scheduled air vs air deviation

Thank you in advance for any advice/opnions you can share!

Sailing Regent Navigator Sept. 4 Monte Carlo-Athens.

"Free Air" on this cruise. We have chosen to fly business class arriving a day early, but not using Regents pre-cruise option; we therefore are responsible for our transfer Nice to Monte Carlo. My question: would you advise paying the $100 air deviation for the return flight and choose our return flight and lose transfer ship to Athens (and have another expense of arranging our own transfer) or just take whatever Regent chooses for us? Has anyone experienced awful connections, etc. when Regent (or any cruiseline) chooses flights for you from Europe? If it matters, there are seven of us traveling together.

Thanks again for any input you have!

You have a little bit of a problem in that you have seven people you are trying to get all together in one place and leave in one place. Normally when cruise lines make air arrangements you won't know what your options are until 30-60 days prior to flying; that being said, you may not be able to sit together due to the late notice. If the cruiseline books a european airline, they don't allow you to pick your seat until the day of departure; which drives me crazy. Why not contact the cruiseline and ask them for some help putting your airline info together. If you pay for air deviation you normally pick your flights yourself and have more control. That's about all I know; you should be getting some more people who will chime in and give you more advice.

Cheers

Archived