Must Have...Cucumber Martini

Jaymuxman

If you are traveling on any of the Princess ships, I would HIGHLY recommend that you try a Cucumber Martini! We just returned from the Ruby Princess transatlantic cruise and I must say, I thought that the Cucumber Martini (only available in Crooner's) was probably one of the best martinis I have ever had.

Emily

I totally agree with you!! There is a place I go in my town (Kansas City) that serves this wonderful cucumber & dill martini! What's the deal with all the sweet martini's!!!! I don't want dessert when I'm having a pre-dinner cocktail!! They should have some more savory ones!!:D:D

I agree on this, on my recent sapphire trip, we attended the martini demonstration, and was able to get a sample of the cucumber martini, very refreshing drink. almost feel healthy drinking it :p

I totally agree with you!! There is a place I go in my town (Kansas City) that serves this wonderful cucumber & dill martini! What's the deal with all the sweet martini's!!!! I don't want dessert when I'm having a pre-dinner cocktail!! They should have some more savory ones!!:D:D

Hey, we're in KC.. what place are you talking about?

The bartender did say that this martini was created by another bartender for Princess. It has the following ingredients in it:

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Sour Apple Schnapps

Simple Syrup (that you muddle cucumber slices in)

Sweet & Sour

It is definitely a refreshing drink on a hot afternoon/evening like we have been having here in Florida.

Emily

I had one on our recent Emerald cruise...it certainly was different. I was on a quest to try each of the 52 martinis at Crooners. I failed miserably because I found the Tiramisu martini at Adiagio and kept having that!! ;)

The bartender did say that this martini was created by another bartender for Princess. It has the following ingredients in it:

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Sour Apple Schnapps

Simple Syrup (that you muddle cucumber slices in)

Sweet & Sour

It is definitely a refreshing drink on a hot afternoon/evening like we have been having here in Florida.

Emily

Emily,

Thank you for the description. It definately gives me a better idea of what to expect.

Go to the Bristol in Leawood or P&L District for cucumber-dill martini. Also Michael Smith's place in Crossroads has one with blue cheese stuffed olive and Bombay Sapphire that is to die for!!!

Go to the Bristol in Leawood or P&L District for cucumber-dill martini. Also Michael Smith's place in Crossroads has one with blue cheese stuffed olive and Bombay Sapphire that is to die for!!!

OK, Emily, I KNEW I'd find a reason to get you to Kansas City!!

Shirleen

If you are traveling on any of the Princess ships, I would HIGHLY recommend that you try a Cucumber Martini! We just returned from the Ruby Princess transatlantic cruise and I must say, I thought that the Cucumber Martini (only available in Crooner's) was probably one of the best martinis I have ever had.

Emily

YUM! I hope the have it on the Golden! I am going in August!

Emily

Sounds Fabulous! Does anyone know if the Australian/South Pacific cruises ie Dawn Princess makes these on board? I know some of those ingredients eg sweet and sour mix is from the USA, I have never seen it here in Oz.

Here's hoping :-)

Archived