saw the Dream!!

Majesty Fan

My husband and I just got back from Europe and were able to see the Dream twice. My husband is from Croatia and it is so expensive to fly into Zagreb that we normally fly into Munich but this time we flew into Milan so we could try and see the Dream.. Well the day we got to Milan we drove to shipyards and tried to get a glimpse of her. She is very well hidden and secured from that area. There is a huge wall with glass on top it to prevernt people from climbing over it to see the ship. But there was a small area that we were able to see the whale tale and the word Carnival Dream! I did take a few pictures. On the way back to Milan as we were driving down the hill on the highway there she was again! She is massive! Did not get any pictures of that but we will be one of the few that has seen her.

Lexi

My husband and I just got back from Europe and were able to see the Dream twice. My husband is from Croatia and it is so expensive to fly into Zagreb that we normally fly into Munich but this time we flew into Milan so we could try and see the Dream.. Well the day we got to Milan we drove to shipyards and tried to get a glimpse of her. She is very well hidden and secured from that area. There is a huge wall with glass on top it to prevernt people from climbing over it to see the ship. But there was a small area that we were able to see the whale tale and the word Carnival Dream! I did take a few pictures. On the way back to Milan as we were driving down the hill on the highway there she was again! She is massive! Did not get any pictures of that but we will be one of the few that has seen her.

Lexi

Please post the pictures! We are booked in an aft wrap balcony on 06/19/10 and cant wait to see her!

Lexi

Didn't your parent's ever tell you to not get the Jailer upset with you..:D So to prevent that, We will PLEASE need you to post those photo's..:D:):D

I do not recall - is the Dream being built at Sestri or Monfalcone. if it is Monfalcone, the shipyard and the ships under construction are in plain sight from the right hand side of the train as you approach Trieste. Last summer you could quite easily see the Ruby princess in the final stages.

The best shipyard views for the general public are at marghera as you approach Venice - again from the right hand side of the train. Not sure what the situation is at Sestri.

Archived