What 2 weeks to book?

Coral

I was going to do a 10 night sailing on Princess from Canada to NYC but it appears (2) 7 night cruises are the same price so I am booking a B2B for fall foliage hoping to catch color one of the weeks or hopefully have good weather one of the weeks.

I went to look at the fall foliage network and it appears the website was hacked...

Some history - about 4 years ago, I went on an Oct 15th cruise out of NYC (same itinerary) and we were too early for colors. This year, I booked Oct 10th and Oct 17th. I am now double guessing myself and wonder if I should have booked Oct 3rd and Oct 10th...... It is not too late to change.

I live in the midwest where we go right from summer to winter. I would love to see some colors...

Recommendations?? Columbus Day appears to be Oct 12th this year.

What are the dates, cruise line, and itineraries of the two cruises you are looking at? It seems to me that 4 years ago we had an unusually late fall. The further north you go, the earlier the fall colors are.

Hi Coral:

We are booked on the CB on the 10th of October.. is that your sailing? I checked the foliage calculator before booking and I think we'll be just fine for this upcoming year. It really depends on the amount of rainfall in the region on any given year.

What are the dates, cruise line, and itineraries of the two cruises you are looking at? It seems to me that 4 years ago we had an unusually late fall. The further north you go, the earlier the fall colors are.

Oct 10 and Oct 17th

http://www.princess.com/pb/itineraryDetails.do?voyageCode=B939&tourCode=&date=1009&noOfPax=2&resType=C&definition_name=

I went looking for the fall foliage network - I wanted to do this cruise last year and remember looking at it and booking (and then cancelling) on the 18th of October (last year).

Hi Coral:

We are booked on the CB on the 10th of October.. is that your sailing? I checked the foliage calculator before booking and I think we'll be just fine for this upcoming year. It really depends on the amount of rainfall in the region on any given year.

Yes - that is the sailing I booked - plus a week after. Due to building a house, I didn't take any vacations this past winter/spring so I was thinking of doing 2 weeks. I am in unpacking mode now and I will need something by October. Plus, I work at a school and it is difficult to get off in August/Septgember.

If I cancel one, it most likely will be the week after.

It seems to me that 4 years ago we had an unusually late fall. .

We hit the flooding that plagued the East Coast that year. Our 3 days in NYC had terrential (sp?) downpour and then it cleared up for our cruise!

Assuming the cruise starts in Canada on 10/10 and goes to NYC and the return trip starts there on 10/17 and returns to Canada.

Then, I think you have picked the right dates. I'm only basing this on what I see on the foliage interactive map of Yankee Magazine (New England's magazine) which is located here: http://www.yankeefoliage.com/peakmap/

The map only covers New England, but when I ran it, the approximate peak times looked to be when you'd be visiting the New England ports. YMMV

SBtS

Sailbad:

Just the opposite itinerary.... the CB leaves from NY on 10/10/09 and proceeds to go north. Five full port days in Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, St. John, Halifax.

I'm sure we'll see a lot of color... we'll be covering a lot of the upper East Coast!

Coral: Have you joined in on the roll call for this cruise? I haven't just yet, but will do so soon. So glad to be sailing with such a CC "veteran!" :)

I chose NCL Spirit for 14 days on Oct 9 out of Boston and back. It goes all the way up the St. Lawrence river to Quebec and is very port intensive. I

looked at weather.com foliage map and it should be just right. I live in the south and there is no color change. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Oct 10 and Oct 17th

http://www.princess.com/pb/itineraryDetails.do?voyageCode=B939&tourCode=&date=1009&noOfPax=2&resType=C&definition_name=

I went looking for the fall foliage network - I wanted to do this cruise last year and remember looking at it and booking (and then cancelling) on the 18th of October (last year).

Coral:

Please come and join our roll call!

Archived