formal wear rentals

Cozzette2

This will be our first cruise where we are flying to our port of departure.

What with the price of extra luggage I am thinking about renting my Husband's formal attire.

Is there anywhere that you can see what is offered?

On our last cruise there were a couple of gentlemen with white dinner jackets. It looked so sharp. Does Princess offer anything like that for rent?

He usually wears a black suit but I thought it would be fun to go really formal. See, there are still some of us who love to dress up, just not maybe haul it all over the USA.

Thanks for your imput, Kris

I rented formal wear for our cruise in February. It worked out very well (Princess offers the service), all I had to do was send my measurements and the suit was in my cabin when we arrived. Sweet deal and worth the money. Cheers!

I rented a tux for my DH and DS. It worked out very well. DH jacket was alittle too big but stewart picked it up and had a new jacket that fit that afternoon. Would do it again. We had 2 formal nights so it came with 2 shirts. Also rented shoes and they were perfect!

We sail in about 3 weeks on CB and I rented a tux through Princess. This is our first cruise so can't give you a final review however...

Not all ships offer all configurations of jackets. I was only able to rent the black jacket, even though the company advertizes a black and white jacket combo. It wasn't available for our ship. I have no idea why.

Anyway, it seemed perfect and everyone assured me that it would all work out so here's hoping.

Good Luck

Wilfros, congrats on beating the cancer. Have a great cruise:D

I found the page that shows the tuxedos offered and they seem to have a great selection but like Wilfros said, it may be limited on certain ships but still a great option if you don't want to haul a lot of extra bags.

I have my own tux and dinner jacket and as I am a big person prefer to take my own along. However many men do rent and frankly I am unable to guess who rents and who owns.:)

So Frank, you weren't the only one lookin' good on our cruise....DH rented his...who knew?

Rented the shoes too...they were excellent he said, very comfortable.

I see you're leaving in a couple of days on your next cruise....say hi to our special Coral Princess...enjoy your cruise.

To anyone considering renting - it's definitely the way to go.

Cindy

Cruiseline Formalwear is the company Princess uses for tuxedo rentals. I have used them twice and have had nothing but good experiences. Check out their web site here.

Be sure to try on your tux soon after you receive it in case a garment needs to be switched out or adjusted. See your cabin steward for any adjustments.

Lew

My husband has had good luck renting tuxedos, and he enjoys having the extra space in his suitcase (me too, sometimes!) I will just reinforce what a previous poster said. Be sure to try it on as soon as you can so there's plenty of time to make an exchange. One time DH had our cabin steward scurrying to do this last-minute :eek:.

Marcia in CT

You can purchase the entire ensemble for approximately $150.00 at JCP. The optional white dinner jacket is approximately $50.00-$75.00 additional! You can see by investing a couple of hundred dollars that your fabulous new formal wardrobe will pay for itself in just 2 vacations!

Plus, you'll know it fits just right! I discontinued renting long ago.

Thanks all for the encouragement, it sounds like those who have tried them have had good luck and nice quality.

We normally drive to Long Beach or San Diego and we can drive down with all the stuff we want, but flying ,I am trying to save more room for my clothes:D I know the cost effective solution would be to purchase but I want to have less to handle so renting sounds perfect.

I can't wait to see my husband in a tux again that may even be a reason to buy some more over priced photos, but that is a whole different thread.

Thanks all, Kris

With luggage restrictions, renting a tuxedo, shoes, etc. for men is a great deal on board. I have followed this practice everytime we sail and my husband absolutely loves it. Princess also has a tailor on board if there are any sizing problems or needed adjustments and this has worked out wonderfully. It is worth the expense and frees up your suitcase. I highly recommend this service!

With luggage restrictions, renting a tuxedo, shoes, etc. for men is a great deal on board. I have followed this practice everytime we sail and my husband absolutely loves it. Princess also has a tailor on board if there are any sizing problems or needed adjustments and this has worked out wonderfully. It is worth the expense and frees up your suitcase. I highly recommend this service!

Hi Wavefairy

Is the tuxedo one charge for the length of the cruise, or a seperate hire for each formal night?

Regards Angler.

Hi Wavefairy

Is the tuxedo one charge for the length of the cruise, or a seperate hire for each formal night?

Regards Angler.

I know the question wasn't addressed to me, but we've rented tuxes for every cruise we've done (see list below) and find it a very convenient and helpful service. In fact, just yesterday I ordered the tuxes for our June Alaskan cruise.

It's one charge for the whole cruise. The basic package includes the tux jacket and pants, cumberbund, tie and 2 shirts. You can add shoes for an additional charge (also for the whole cruise, not per night.) Also for an additional charge, they have a great package where you get a standard black tux plus an additional white dinner jacket. We like it because we can wear black one formal night and white the next (NOTE: on some rare itineraries, only the 1 tux option is available, but that only happened to us sailing out of Tahiti.)

We've had great experiences with Cruiseline Formal Wear. It's so convenient not to have to pack the tux then worry about getting everything pressed once you get to the ship (not to mention the dress shoes.) The whole package just magically appears (thanks to your cabin steward) in your closet and you leave everything there when you disembark.

Good luck and happy cruising to all! :D

I have to agree. I like to rent. I don't have to pack my suit. It saves some room in the luggage and the cruiseline picks it up from the cabin at the end of the cruise.

Archived