Aft cabin on Quest

westcoastcruiser

We are looking to book the 18 night SE Asia cruise leaving on December 22. We cannot afford a sky suite :( so are thinking of a sunset verandah cabin. I realize the size is the same as a 1A and 2A but the larger balcony appeals to us. Has anyone cruised in the aft cabin? We have on a larger ship and loved it -- but not sure how it would be on a smaller ship. Thoughts? :)

You will love the aft cabin! We always book the Owners Suit on Oceania which would be the Penthouse on Azamara and love everything about the location and the amazing views and we can't find any negatives The balconies are very private and large. Enjoy!!:)

Hi,

We love the Aft and have had it a couple of times on Oceania. Azamara charges more for their afts than the same size cabin in A1 or A2. The poster above had the Owners Suite which is huge -- the ones you are looking at are the two small cabins between the Owners Suites -- they are only 180 sq feet. We had 7121 booked for our June 2009 cruise and it was almost the same cost as the Skysuites. We cancelled the cabin and it is still available at a price almost twice the one we booked.

Sheila

Thanks for your replies. An online website shows it as $450 or $360 (per person) greater than the 2A/1A cabins. Our travel agent quoted us prices making it $500 or $400 higher. I am hoping he will match the on-line price. Have you ever had success with having a TA do that? I guess it won't hurt to ask.

The aft cabins on the previous ships we sailed were much larger -- not just the balcony. Of course, the price, most times reflected this.

Appreciate your response!

I was on the Quest in SV 6090.

The 2 largest balconies (not including suites) are 6090 and 6093. On 7 and 8 they are smaller due to the design of the ship.

Carol

I've got 7121 booked - had read comments that there are some vibrations on the ones on deck 6 - please advise as I love the large balconies and if you say it is OK then I'll swap over to 6.

I've got 7121 booked - had read comments that there are some vibrations on the ones on deck 6 - please advise as I love the large balconies and if you say it is OK then I'll swap over to 6.

There was some vibration but not as much as on the Holland America cruise I took last month.

Archived