Is Early Saver Excluded from "Flash" Promos

Ken076

At first glance, I expected that the Early Saver was intended to get us all those last-minute (including Flash) promo rates advertised to fill the ships at the last minute.

But if those rates are normally advertised as "for new bookings only" that looks to me to exclude Early Savers? Also, the Early Saver Terms & conditions indicate that you get rate drops "that you're eligible for", which looks to exclude you from any promo that has the words "for new bookings only", since Early Savers are by definition not new bookings.

It looks to me that theEarly Saver allows you to get those Past Guest, 55+, Resident and Military rate drops (that you're eligible for) after Final Payment Deadline, but still excludees us from any other last minute promo that Carnival decides to limit to "new bookings only", which seems not consistent with the Early Saver intent????????

ken

Pretty much all promos have the words "for new bookings only" so Im not sure that flash promos would be excluded. I would put in for the rate, as long as you arent expecting to get the OBC included in some of the promos, you should get the base rate advertised.

Pretty much all promos have the words "for new bookings only" so Im not sure that flash promos would be excluded. I would put in for the rate, as long as you arent expecting to get the OBC included in some of the promos, you should get the base rate advertised.

firefly - I don't have an Early Saver booking, I'm just researching the fine points. "Legalistically" by the Terms & conditions, if Carnival advertises a fare with "for new bookings only" that would be excluded fror Early Saver price matching. If it's true, that would seem to be a bit of an "end-run" on Carnival's part; it would be like saying you'll get all price drops (except the ones we decide you can't have). ken

firefly - I don't have an Early Saver booking, I'm just researching the fine points. "Legalistically" by the Terms & conditions, if Carnival advertises a fare with "for new bookings only" that would be excluded fror Early Saver price matching. If it's true, that would seem to be a bit of an "end-run" on Carnival's part; it would be like saying you'll get all price drops (except the ones we decide you can't have). ken

This issue is even more of a issue on RCL threads. They give refunds for all prices, except the tuesday sales they post, but all say new bookings only, but they only mean it with the tuesday sales. People are always getting upset when they actually enforce the new bookings only rule for that one promo last minute prices.

So far on Carnival this hasnt been a issue that Im aware of, you can get any advertised base price.

Archived