Disappointed with Celebrity itineraries 2010

kruzgal

with the economy and the prices of airfare from north america being bad, they have used booking history to see where they can fill there ships. We are on princess this august only because we will be in NYC for a wedding so booked it for so cheap. Celebrity is far better then princess

I think after trying most mass market cruise lines, we've decided that we are Celebrity people.

They've abandoned the West Coast. I spoke with a staff memeber and he told us the economy is better in Europe and that they were marketing to Europeans.

We choose to sail only from San Diego, which means no Celebrity in our immediate future. We live here, so if you don't care about ports, why travel if you don't have to?

I filled out an online survey from Celebrity that was all about ports and embarkation ports.

I hope they return soon - In the meantime we have Carnival and Holland.

Thanks, your reply is exactly why I keep choosing something else. We've had bad weather there too, the very last time we went (Gran Canaria in October) and it rained for the whole 2 weeks we were there. We were miserable and I vowed never to return. I must admit I'm a bit stretched to think what we would do in these ports, all I can think of is the beach and if the weather is iffy you are stuck. And as for sea days I guess the Atlantic is never going to be as calm as the Med. We'll stick to the Med I think!

It would be so much easier to sail from Southampton but the itineraries are the same every year. It would be great if RCI did something different with Indy, I like Rome and Naples but not every year! I'd love it if they went to the Eastern Med or t'other side of Italy, I don't mind sea days as long as it's sunny :)

I agree totally with you about the boring itineraries from Southampton and I'm sure we're not alone. Why do cruise lines think that you only want to see the same old places in Spain, France and Italy if you cruise from Southampton? We're in Vigo again this summer and it does nothing for me. :mad: Went to Pontevedra last time and it was OK but there's a limit to what you can do around Vigo. Like you we don't mind sea days in the med and wouldn't mind being away for 16 days if they'd go a bit further afield. We've been looking at cruises for 2010 and if we want to do the Eastern med, we'll probably have to go to Rome and pick up Ruby Princess but it will add a lot to the cost. It's costing us £250 this summer for our sleeper one way Rome to Paris then we're getting Eurostar from Paris to London and after that a train from London. We're also not getting any younger (not quite Fred Olsen / SAG age yet tho'!) and won't be able to keep this uo forever. Maybe we should get up a petition and send it to P&O, Princess, RCI and Celebrity!

The new Celebrity Solstice caribbean schedule is same old, same old. It's good to have a ship in the Caribbean year round but at least have it visit some interesting islands. It's always St. Martin, San Juan, and St. Thomas. I've been to those stops on most of my cruises. I don't mind though because the ship is beautiful. :) I was wondering if they were going to keep all of their new Celebrity ships caribbean for a few months then Europe.

I see that Celebrity also has scheduled Century for a 7 day Caribbean sailing in May. Not their usual 4 or 5 day. Islands are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Playa Del Carmen and Cococay (I don't remember them ever sailing there). And the prices are excellent!

Patty

I see that Celebrity also has scheduled Century for a 7 day Caribbean sailing in May. Not their usual 4 or 5 day. Islands are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Playa Del Carmen and Cococay (I don't remember them ever sailing there). And the prices are excellent!

Patty

Hi Patty:) there was another thread about this somewhere

on the boards. It looks like it is one specific 7 nighter on CENTURY.

Wish I could do it but the timing is off for me:eek:

The prices do look very good:)

I noticed they have the Millie in the southern Carribean for an 11 night. This looks to be new a cruise as I cannot find any past info on people taking it.

Hi:) this itinerary is the one that Galaxy used to do~now that

she is gone they put Millennium on the same run.

So, if you would like information about it check the old

Galaxy reviews/roll calls.

Archived