Is Buying A Coffee Card Worth It?

GTO-Girl

To make sure I can follow the info here, if I want a cup of coffee in the dining room with my dessert, my choices are:

- get their "regular" coffee, which is bad

- buy or use a card to get specialty coffee, such as cappuccino, which they would bring to me in the dining room

I can also leave the dining room and get fresh brewed coffee in a different location (either buuying or using a card).

But is there an option to get fresh-brewed coffee in the dining room?

You can order an Americano (which is essentially watered down espresso but tastes really good) but it will cost you a punch.

I happen to think the regular coffee has gotten noticeably better in the last couple of years.

We make sure that we always have a coffee card. My husband likes the brewed coffee and once in a while, I will have a specialty coffee, so our card has lasted through a few cruises. The rules have changed though, so if the card was purchased on a previous cruise, you will get punched for each cup of brewed coffee, as well as for the specialty coffees. It is now only good for free (no punches) brewed coffee on the ship where you buy it.

As for room service calls before delivery, we had never had that happen until our last cruise this past February on the Emerald. Even though I set an alarm, I liked being called, so that we could be sure that we were decent when breakfast arrived. A nice addition to their very prompt service. Not sure if they do it on all Princess ships. It sounds like they don't. Maybe it is something new that they are trying out on a few ships first. I hope that they continue to do it.

We make sure that we always have a coffee card. My husband likes the brewed coffee and once in a while, I will have a specialty coffee, so our card has lasted through a few cruises. The rules have changed though, so if the card was purchased on a previous cruise, you will get punched for each cup of brewed coffee, as well as for the specialty coffees. It is now only good for free (no punches) brewed coffee on the ship where you buy it.

As for room service calls before delivery, we had never had that happen until our last cruise this past February on the Emerald. Even though I set an alarm, I liked being called, so that we could be sure that we were decent when breakfast arrived. A nice addition to their very prompt service. Not sure if they do it on all Princess ships. It sounds like they don't. Maybe it is something new that they are trying out on a few ships first. I hope that they continue to do it.

It's nice to hear that Princess is instituting the call before delivery of room service. It's something we had on Celebrity and really appreciated the notice so I wasn't scrambling for a robe so as to open the door when I heard the knock.

Also my first time on Princess, and I like your comment!

Now, do you bring a french press and get boiling water delivered or does a real honest to goodness coffeemaker get packed when cruising on Princess?

To the original poster, One coffee at the local coffee house cost me $4.85, so for me it's worth it...and from the comments of many threads on this board, it includes fresh brewed for free, as long as there is still a punch on the card left... That is Priceless, to me anyway...

So, if you have a coffee card you can get the fresh brewed kind free( or no punches used)? At what spots

So, if you have a coffee card you can get the fresh brewed kind free( or no punches used)? At what spots

I believe the only fresh brew is at the international cafe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi: I get lattes; cappucinos and regular decaf at Starbucks with soy milk since I am allergic to milk/cream. Does anyone know if they have this? I do get it from the waiters in the Horizon, Cafe Caribe and dining room. I usuallly just get decaf or a nice tea but it is helpful to have the option for a latte and to know I can use it on the next cruise if I have any unused portions. Thank you

Hi: I get lattes; cappucinos and regular decaf at Starbucks with soy milk since I am allergic to milk/cream. Does anyone know if they have this? I do get it from the waiters in the Horizon, Cafe Caribe and dining room. I usuallly just get decaf or a nice tea but it is helpful to have the option for a latte and to know I can use it on the next cruise if I have any unused portions. Thank you

On our recent Grand cruise, they had soy milk in the Int'l Cafe.

Okay,

Let me just ask this.. I bought a card a year or so ago. I still have it with a few punches left. Would it be possible to finish using it? I think I have 5 left on it. It dose not have any markings on it.

Thanks,

Paula

Okay,

Let me just ask this.. I bought a card a year or so ago. I still have it with a few punches left. Would it be possible to finish using it? I think I have 5 left on it. It dose not have any markings on it.

Thanks,

Paula

You may still use the punches until they are gone.

Okay,

Thanks,

Paula

The punches are good for the life of the card.

Archived