Galveston dates are UP, thru 4/24/2011

firefly333

I got them up on carnival.com site. they came up fine for me. Are you on the Carnival site? I dont know about the other sites, maybe they are behind. I dont know why you cant see them, Im having np. prices for eastern on conquest up significantly from last years offering prices :(

I got the dates to come up by looking under the Conquest.

I was hoping for a Belize, Roatan and Cozumel combo like the Triumph out of NO. Guess we might have to make a road trip for our next cruise. Really hate to go somewhere other than Galveston. I am sooooo spoiled!!!

Weird. I'm on carnival.com. When I select Galveston as the embarkation port, only through April 2010 is an option.

That's all I see too :confused: Guess I'll try looking under Conquest.

I thought I read somewhere that they were considering adding another ship to gavleston. Anything on an additional ship?

nothing 'official'. though i like the sound of the buzz about magic, albeit speculation at this point

nothing 'official'. though i like the sound of the buzz about magic, albeit speculation at this point

I was hoping the reason for the delay was something new too, dont see anything .... yet. Maybe thats why you cant pull up sailings by clicking on Galveston, they are going to add something?? (wishfull thinking right?)

We need another ship out of Galveston!

I miss when the Splendour (RCI) sailed out of there.

I love the Ecstasy and Conquest, but would really like some other options too. (and some different ports--> I know, I know):pbut, I think Cozumel is gonna start charging me residency tax if I keep goning back there --> ;)

I was hoping the reason for the delay was something new too, dont see anything .... yet. Maybe thats why you cant pull up sailings by clicking on Galveston, they are going to add something?? (wishfull thinking right?)

yeah, me too! especially when they were saying 'july 2009' - seemed like cutting it awfully close for 2010 dates given many people book so far in advance.

i'm still holding out hope... :cool:

Hooray! So glad you posted this! I thought I'd be waiting til July as well. I've been pricing the RCCL cruise out of Galveston for our Spring Break 2011...now to try to pick between that and the Conquest. For our dates, Voyager does the Roatan/Belize/Cozumel itinerary, while Conquest does the Jamaica/Caymen/Cozumel itinerary. Decisions, decisions!!

Hooray! So glad you posted this! I thought I'd be waiting til July as well. I've been pricing the RCCL cruise out of Galveston for our Spring Break 2011...now to try to pick between that and the Conquest. For our dates, Voyager does the Roatan/Belize/Cozumel itinerary, while Conquest does the Jamaica/Caymen/Cozumel itinerary. Decisions, decisions!!

I did both ships within 3 weeks of each other and preferred Voyager. Conquest made me appreciate RCL all the more. I didnt like the new big screen at the pool that blasted the band playing, just too loud to sit in the shade, so I didnt sit by the pool during my cruise in the afternoons for the first time. Also had a issue with my cabin steward, who I kept talking to why he wasnt doing our cabin, finally 5 nights later he tells me its because he has me listed for late dinner, it took 5 nights for him to tell me why he wasnt doing it?? 3 nights with me complaining no turn down when I came back. Friday I had to go complain to the purser's desk, who said call them back to see if it was resolved, but I could only get a busy signal and gave that up in frustration. Voyager just has things nailed down a little better.

A few of us from our roll call did Victor bodden together in Roatan so it was only $25 pp and it was great, it was an extra $10 to get in to the monkeys and ignuannas, so $35 and $20 tip, but worth it. We really enjoyed voyager and got a great price.

I admit to being a RCL fan and if prices are close Id do voyager again.

I wish they would get one for the new terminal they built and have only used it after Ike...sounds like a BIG waste of money...it is only like 20 mins from my house

Carnival probably wouldnt pay for both ports. If they got another ship Im pretty sure it would go out of Galveston too. :(

So far the rumors on MSC going to Houston have just been .... rumors.

Would be nice to have a 3rd ship with a 3rd or 4th set of ports. I know we are going to do the Conquest again next year as we want to do Grand Cayman again when we take our then 8yr old son. We think the PIRATE ADVENTURE & TURTLE FARM is perfect for a 8yr old boy.

Would be nice to have a 3rd ship with a 3rd or 4th set of ports. I know we are going to do the Conquest again next year as we want to do Grand Cayman again when we take our then 8yr old son. We think the PIRATE ADVENTURE & TURTLE FARM is perfect for a 8yr old boy.

Hi ya DFW airwolf. Nice seeing ya. You can also do the turtle farm with Captain Marvin, either as sightseeing or add on with the sting rays, still pretty reasonably. ... and see Hell too that way. Most 8 year olds would want to say they been to Hell. Its also cheaper to see the turtles thru Captain Marvin than on your own and pay to get in.

Is it just me,or did the state room prices for an inside room seem kinda high at $559 for the early saver rate?

thats what I said, or meant, when I said prices were UP. Higher than the rates for this year they offered by quite a bit.

Dissapointed myself, that prices are up so much :(

Is it just me,or did the state room prices for an inside room seem kinda high at $559 for the early saver rate?

i was thinking that too... especially this far in advance. even the aug / sept (prime hurricane season, less demand as school starts, etc.) are relatively high...

Archived