Diamond Princess Cabin

wildweston

Have not had that cabin, but here is a picture someone else took of the upper promenade outside that string of rooms on a sister ship. The windows are mirrored, so nobody can see in during the say, but be cautious if the day is cloudy or dark and you have your cabin lights on. ;) The upper promenade is usually closed off at night, too, for more privacy.

Click to enlarge:

2452228850046097424hdCBMq_th.jpg

Quenby...you wouldn't have happened to be on your Alaska cruise when you were "next door"? We have E108 on the Sapphire for Alaska this summer and just wondered what that's like for seeing anything - do people fill up the promenade in front of the windows? I would guess they do - we're not concerned, we'd rather be outside anyway, but just wondered.

I was in E109 for the Mexican Riviera - booked an inside guarantee at the last minute (2 days before the cruise - lol), so I was very happy with the upgrade.

If people are out on the deck, your view is very much blocked. When I was in that cabin, there was a group who liked to get together outside my window and have a little cocktail party while I was in my cabin getting ready for early dinner. One guy would lean against my window, so I called it the "butt view" cabin. I swear, if that guy scratched one more time . . . . . . :eek:

Thanks Cherylandtk, I didn't realize there was a bit verandah thing in front of the window, thanks for the picture though. :)

Quenby-- I guess 1 question now is how noisy is that verandah and do people look in etc, also did you feel there was more movement toward the front of the ship or just the same as else where. Thanks ( hope Mr Butt is not lurking anywhere around!!)

This should be a cabin that overlooks the upper promanade deck.

There is a door a few feet from your cabin that you can exit to go out on deck.

The window has mirrored tint so daytime is no problem but at night if you have the light on and the curtains open people can see in.

They do lock off the stairs coming up from the Promanade deck but you can still access the deck through those doors.

When I was in that cabin, there was a group who liked to get together outside my window and have a little cocktail party while I was in my cabin getting ready for early dinner. One guy would lean against my window, so I called it the "butt view" cabin. I swear, if that guy scratched one more time . . . . . . :eek:

It was like a train wreck.....you couldn't look away. :eek:

This should be a cabin that overlooks the upper promanade deck.

There is a door a few feet from your cabin that you can exit to go out on deck.

The window has mirrored tint so daytime is no problem but at night if you have the light on and the curtains open people can see in.

They do lock off the stairs coming up from the Promanade deck but you can still access the deck through those doors.

Thank you very much for that, wow you have done a lot of cruises you must love it :)

Archived