Booking Princess - Discount TA's

Ken076

I've read here that many get a better rate by booking with a TA (or eventually transferring to a TA) because Princess allows TA's to "discount". Ignore booking of "Group space". The only "Discounting" a TA can do is to give-up part of their commission? So the best you could expect from a TA would be 10-15% off Princess's best going rate?

How do you locate these heavy discounters? I spot-checked several of my upcomming cruises in the CC Advertisers above and they were maybe $50 or $50 (out of $1200) less expensive than the Princess rate??? The only serious discounts I've seen are from the 4-letter Company that handles only Military members, mwhere it looks like they forego most of their commission as part of their service to members?

Thanks for educating me! Ken

I typically find a savngs of about 20 to 25% off the Princess Princes. I have a Excel file with a list of online TA's that I have accummulated over the years and I try all of them each time I am planning a cruise.

I typically find a savngs of about 20 to 25% off the Princess Princes. I have a Excel file with a list of online TA's that I have accummulated over the years and I try all of them each time I am planning a cruise.

So Paul, how are they able to give a 20 or 25% discount? ken

Paul, I agree, we saved almost 20% on our next cruise using a discount travel agent. And with a full suite, that is not loose change. ;)

Some sailings the discount seems to be a little more, others a little less. But I will take it anyday! :)

Paul, I agree, we saved almost 20% on our next cruise using a discount travel agent. And with a full suite, that is not loose change. ;)

Some sailings the discount seems to be a little more, others a little less. But I will take it anyday! :)

That's exactly what I got on my latest booking. I found one agency who discounted it by 18.5%. And like you said, we got a minisuite on a 14 day voyage which came to a little over $1,000 savings per person!! Made me happy! :D

Archived