Team Splendor and ALL those sailing on Splendor April 26th gets 50% off next cruise!!

Thanks Randy. We agree. We had a great time, met some fine folks and look forward to crusing with Carnival again soon!

Guess this was not Jeff's lucky thirteen!

Hey Anna sorry i didnt get emailing sooner was up to my eyeballs on masters stuff but thats college finished for the summer!! If i find good flight deals again we may just have to take up the 50% off offer!

Do you know how they notified? I don't think they've gotten abything yet. I'm talking about people other then the ones on the Splendor.

They notified everyone by email, but not everyone got it (I never got the Splendor one). If they call Carnival, it should be in the system for them.

Hey Anna sorry i didnt get emailing sooner was up to my eyeballs on masters stuff but thats college finished for the summer!! If i find good flight deals again we may just have to take up the 50% off offer!

Hey Erin....Ken will be on the Dream next April as well as many of the crew....come join the Dream Team :D

Yeah I haven't got mine yet either but I know it's in the system......kinda like not needing docs to board...they have you in the system.:D

I tried to use my 50% off yesterday to apply to my Aug. 2010 cruise which I booked before we sailed on Splendor. Had to be transfered to a supervisor..then after 27 minutes the rep came back and said ok....you have your 50$ applied....I was like well thank you, but I am calling about my 50% off letter.

Transfered again to group reservations, because our Splendor reservation was made with Johna...then finally after 45 min. on the phone was told I had to call back on Monday as the Research Dept. was closed.....aaahhh. So I will just take a deep breath and try again on Monday. Not a waste of time though, I did get a $50 Welcome back credit..:D

:D Thank-you Carnival!! :D

I was surprized, and very excited to get this! This was my first Carnival Cruise! I just booked my second one in November on the Veteran's Cruise! I am happy to stand behind a company that took the time to evaluate their decision and proivide excellent customeer service! Hat's off to Carnival!!

I did not receive the 50% off letter from the 4/26/09 Splendor cruise but I wanted to book a cruise today - Sunday! I had copied the letter from aggiefan (Thank you for posting it). The PPV was not aware of it and asked me to e-mail it to him, which I did and he got the Help desk on the line. They were aware of this but since I was part of Johna's group cruise they could not access my 4/26/09 cruise to verify. However, they booked my new cruise with the note that I would be credited on Monday after they could verify with the group department.

SO>>>> I am booked on the Carnival Glory 11/14/09 in an extended balcony cabin at their best quoted rate for past passengers with a promised credit of the second pax fare to be applied by monday afternoon. In essence a 2 for 1 pricing on their best rate - NOT off the standard full rate. Now, that is a deal!!!!!!!

I had copied the letter from aggiefan (Thank you for posting it).

I would say you're welcome, but I know it wasn't me because I never got the letter. ;) But congrats on your good deal! We're going to use ours on the Crossers cruise - we have a 9A wrap on that one.

Uh Oh,

Thought it was you. Now I will have to go back and find out who it was!

I could not wait until next year and had to cruise again this year.

I would say you're welcome, but I know it wasn't me because I never got the letter. ;) But congrats on your good deal! We're going to use ours on the Crossers cruise - we have a 9A wrap on that one.

Oops. It was Winnfred. Thanks Winnfred for posting the 50% off e-mail from CCL.

My TA is out of town. Do I understand this right ?~~

Two days before we got our 50% e-mail, we booked a cruise. We can use the 50% retro-actively for the already booked cruise ???, or does it have to be one not already booked ?

Also, is it 50% off for both PEOPLE in the booking, or 50% off for just the one booking ? DH has me confused about this.

Pat

I do not know whether it can be retroactive or not. You will need to verify through either your TA or CCL.

Two days before we got our 50% e-mail, we booked a cruise. We can use the 50% retro-actively for the already booked cruise, or does it have to be one not already booked ?

I did not receive the 50% off letter from the 4/26/09 Splendor cruise but I wanted to book a cruise today - Sunday! I had copied the letter from aggiefan (Thank you for posting it). The PPV was not aware of it and asked me to e-mail it to him, which I did and he got the Help desk on the line. They were aware of this but since I was part of Johna's group cruise they could not access my 4/26/09 cruise to verify. However, they booked my new cruise with the note that I would be credited on Monday after they could verify with the group department.

SO>>>> I am booked on the Carnival Glory 11/14/09 in an extended balcony cabin at their best quoted rate for past passengers with a promised credit of the second pax fare to be applied by monday afternoon. In essence a 2 for 1 pricing on their best rate - NOT off the standard full rate. Now, that is a deal!!!!!!!

I too am thrilled with this!! We decided to use ours to upgrade to a suite on the Dream. Since it had to be used by Dec 2010 it made the most sense use it on the Dream. We like the 8 day sailings in October and couldn't use it on those. We've never had a suite and will probably never book another because of the price but with this deal we got the suite for $400 plus less than we would have paid for our balcony room. WTG Carnival :)

Two days before we got our 50% e-mail, we booked a cruise. We can use the 50% retro-actively for the already booked cruise ???, or does it have to be one not already booked ?

Also, is it 50% off for both PEOPLE in the booking, or 50% off for just the one booking ? DH has me confused about this.

Pat

Yes, it can be used retroactively :) I talked to my PVP this morning and he gave me a number that I had to call to get the discount applied. The number is 1-800-819-3902 ext 70026. I'm not sure what department of Carnival it is but they were able to have the 50% applied to the base cruise fare and sent me a new invoice. The discount is for both of you and it ends up being a buy 1 get 1 free type deal. We paid the base fare for one person and both of us are sailing. Can't beat that <unless you had a free cruise> :) Good luck :)

Wow you two, you are on top of things. ! :)

Our TA is on Splendor today, doing that Pacific Northwest cruise.

So~~we will apply it to the golf one we already have booked. What a deal! :D

Pat

LOL I had to make a descion quick on this one. If we were going to upgrade to a suite I needed to make sure it was going to be close enough to my son's cabin since he can't be totally on his own. The deciding factor for me was when I found the suite a short distance from his cabin.

I'm glad Mike will get his golf cruise in finally~! What a patient man he is :)

I just spent on hour picking a cruise, then called to reserve, I deposited on it but the rep says I have to email a copy of the email to guest relations. I have never recieved an email. Is there a copy on the boards I can copy, I didn't see winnifred's posting on this thread. Thanks, jenice:confused:

She just emailed me back saying letters were also going out. She said just fax the info to Group research with Splendor booking # and new Booking #. Hopefully that goes smoothly. The sun has come out and I want to get away from my computer.

There is no coupon number or other identifying feature but here it is:

Dear Guest,

I want to take this opportunity to welcome you home and to thank you for sailing with us on the April 26th sailing of the Carnival Splendor.

I realize many vacations are chosen because of a specific itinerary and I sincerely regret we were not able to deliver the itinerary of your choice.. The H1N1 influenza situation occurring in Mexico escalated quickly and the CDC advisory issued on Monday, April 27th left us with no alternative but to take immediate action and cancel the port calls in Mexico.

I empathize with your disappointment and want to extend my sincere apologies for this disruption to your vacation. I recognize many guests were unhappy with the manner in which we handled this situation. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we regret we did not meet your expectations in this regard. I want to assure you, however, that we made our decisions with your best interests in mind given our commitment to the health and safety of our guests and crew. Considerable time was spent by my team researching port substitutions. Regrettably there were virtually no other warm weather port of calls available to us and given the duration of the cruise, we felt that a call in San Francisco would be a welcome diversion versus no stop at all.

I now realize these changes had a more substantial impact on your cruise experience than I had anticipated, and it was not the memorable vacation we had hoped to provide. We value our relationship with you and hope we can win back your confidence. We would welcome the opportunity of having you sail with us again and hope you will accept our offer of a 50% cruise fare discount on a future 3-7 day Carnival vacation, departing before December 2010.

Please make your reservations in your usual manner and inform your agent (or Carnival) of the discount at the time of reservation.

Most importantly, I want to thank you for choosing Carnival and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on one of our ships.

Sincerely,

Gerry Cahill

President & CEO

I just spent on hour picking a cruise, then called to reserve, I deposited on it but the rep says I have to email a copy of the email to guest relations. I have never recieved an email. Is there a copy on the boards I can copy, I didn't see winnifred's posting on this thread. Thanks, jenice:confused:

She just emailed me back saying letters were also going out. She said just fax the info to Group research with Splendor booking # and new Booking #. Hopefully that goes smoothly. The sun has come out and I want to get away from my computer.

I got my letter in the mail today.

Amy has not received a letter or an email yet...did they just go out to who made the booking and are good for 2 people? Or did everyone get a seperate letter?

:confused:

Archived