Catherine Palace closed on Tuesdays?

HI

We will be in St Pertersburg for one day only on the Vision OTS On July 28th which is a Tuesday.

With a limited time I decided we would like to visit Catherines Palace,.

I e mailed Denrus about a private tour and they replied that it is closed on a Tuesday, however RCI are offering tours there for my date on their website.

Is it possible that they will open it for a cruise ship tour?

Dont want to book it via RCI then have them change the itinerary once onboard when it will be to late to arrange an alternative private tour.

Anyone have experience of this?

Thanks

Lisa

Thanks for that info, looks like we will have to do the ships tour if we want to see Catherine palace. Should be great without the crowds. Lisa

As the below pictures show, Catherine's Palace has some super, wonderful rooms to see and enjoy. Some ship tours are large and not always ideal. BUT, to miss these great sights would be unfortunate. Hopefully, you can make this work out.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Welcoming band at front entrance:

1A-StP-WelcomeCath.jpg

Main second floor reception room, spectacular!:

A-StP-CathPal.jpg

Amber Room with its great carvings:

A-StP-CathPalAmberRm.jpg

Interior furniture within many of the smaller rooms:

1A-StP-CathPalIntFurn.jpg

With out guide in a room with rather fancy heating units along the walls:

1A-StP-InteriorCath.jpg

Outside at the back of this great palace:

1A-StP-CathPalExterior.jpg

Hi Terry

Thanks for posting those pictures they are stunning. I did see some of your pictures on your other posts and it was those that helped me make my decision to spend our 1 day at Catherines palace rather than the Hermitage.

Its a shame we cant do the tour with Anastasia as you did but if we ever go back to St Petersburg in the future on a longer cruise I will certainly keep her in mind.

Lisa

Hi Terry

Thanks for posting those pictures they are stunning. I did see some of your pictures on your other posts and it was those that helped me make my decision to spend our 1 day at Catherines palace rather than the Hermitage.

Its a shame we cant do the tour with Anastasia as you did but if we ever go back to St Petersburg in the future on a longer cruise I will certainly keep her in mind. Lisa

THANKS, Lisa! Lots of great options in St. Petersburg. It is hard to do it all in just one day. Just to add to your pressure, here are some pictures from the Hermitage. It isn't just the art there, but the inside rooms are spectacular, too. These five buildings were the old Winter Palace for the Czars. It was and is super nice. Plus, there are lots of great views from the windows in the heart of this historic city. Wonderful reasons to come back to St. Petersburg and have more time there! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

1A-StP-HermitageGrandStairs.jpg

1A-StP-HermitageGen.jpg

1A-StP-HermitageDaVinciViewing.jpg

1A-StP-Hermt-RoyalChair.jpg

1A-StP-Hermt-RemProd.jpg

1A-StP-Hermt-DisplayRoom.jpg

LOL Abbafan...sorry its been a while since I updated my information I guess. I USED to live in Hawaii. Now I live in Belgium. Big difference! It was nice to live there and convenient to cruise.

Archived