cucumber sandwich ..after you claud

scruffts2007

yes hem hem the english are very fussy, afternoon tea etc and now to cater for us ....good old msc are adapting their cruises to suit...and psst ..if your an MP you can put the cruise down on expenses as a "working holiday" ..say no more ..nudge nudge wink wink

anyway heres all the info

© Copyright 2009 Seatrade Communications Limited. Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Seatrade Communications Limited.

MSC adapts f&b on UK sailings

15/5/2009

MSC Cruises has adapted its food and beverage offerings on MSC Lirica for the ship’s summer season of cruising Northern Europe from Dover. The 1,560-berth vessel arrived in the UK last weekend and will stay until the end of August. British favourites such as shepherd’s pie, Irish stew and full roast dinners appear on the dinner menu and passengers can also request water carafes at lunch and dinner, and free brewed coffee or hot tea at the end of each meal in the main restaurants.

A range of tea blends from London brand Twinings plus brewed coffee are available 24 hours a day at the beverage stations and are also complimentary.

‘These adaptations have been made in recognition that UK passengers have specific tastes and requirements that may differ to those of other international guests on board,’ Giulio Libutti, head of MSC Cruises UK, told Seatrade Insider.

Each afternoon on the pool deck, tea with sandwiches, cakes and biscuits will be served. Each sailing will also include a special Musical Tea served in the lounges, where passengers can take tea while listening to music.

Currently UK passengers account for 30% to 40% of the total on the 10 12-day Dover sailings to the Baltics and Norway. Is MSC growing its share of the ex-UK market?

‘Brand recognition is a major challenge,’ Libutti remarked. He wants to bridge the gap between trade awareness and brand awareness. ‘British cruisers are very loyal to British brands and my challenge is to convince them that they will be fulfilled by experiencing an MSC cruise,’ he said.

Relationships with the travel trade are improving all the time, he believes, and Libutti spends a lot of time on the road preaching the MSC message.

He is also working with a select number of agents to promote the MSC Yacht Club. ‘It’s a special area so we need to ensure agents understand the concept fully as priced versus a land-based luxury spa there is no comparison,’ he said. A spa package with free treatments is offered on all bookings made up to June 30 on MSC Fantasia or MSC Splendida for any 2009 sailing.

Next year MSC Opera will replace Lirica as the line’s UK-based ship. Although similar in size the ship has more outside cabins and an additional 68 balcony cabins totalling 200

Well I'm rather "tron" about that news. personally i like MSC because it is not typically British. I'm a Brit myself but want something very different from home when I travel. on the other hand, the whingeing from those who don't like it drives me mad on occasion and if it cuts some of that out, then it will surely be a blessing!

Aye ..menthinks wed make a great crew yes aye Captana Ano Mondo and First Maty Scruffts

any whining english winegums on board and we could make em walk the plank

any who wont walk - then as the old shipboard saying goes "aye ..ems that dies will be the lucky ones"

wot say you Capt Ano Mondo:o awaiting orders - first mate scruffts:o

whining passengers:eek::eek::eek::eek:

do you remember capt ano mondo that old sea shanty we used to sing wen we was hunting for moby ducks off Brazil...aye ems was the days

singalong please

"wot shall we do with the drunken mp

wot shall we do with the drunken mp

put him in the msc pursers office till hes sober

put him in the msc pursers office till hes sober

and see him the morning paper

whey hey up hes rising... whey hey up his rising

and see him the morning paper"

scruffs me old mate - that was just what I needed today - a bit of light hearted humour, had a foul day at work - more redundancies coming- pity it wasn't the same at westminster

I was just browsing through MSC Cruises and saw your name.

Just wanted to let you know that, when I received a MSC Cruise offer this week, I automatically thought of you answering questions on MSC.

Looks like you are still patiently answering a wide variety of questions.

You are gem!

I hope you are still enjoying cruising.

I was just browsing through MSC Cruises and saw your name.

Just wanted to let you know that, when I received a MSC Cruise offer this week, I automatically thought of you answering questions on MSC.

Looks like you are still patiently answering a wide variety of questions.

You are gem!

I hope you are still enjoying cruising.

Thank you and yes I'm still enjoying cruising unfortunately due to the current economic climate, it's likely to be only 1 week a year now instead of my usual 2-3 spanning about 5 weeks. still musn't grumble - still a lot worse off than i am. As for patiently answering questions - i actually enjoy it which probably means i need to get out more!

Thank you and yes I'm still enjoying cruising unfortunately due to the current economic climate, it's likely to be only 1 week a year now instead of my usual 2-3 spanning about 5 weeks.

There are many of us facing this adjustment.

But to be able to cruise at all is a blessing, and perhaps something we will savor more.

I have also followed your varied and informative posts, and thank you for your contributions.

Archived