Juneau baggage storage

oldmama

I will be making a 7 hour stop in Juneau & then connecting to Anchorage. I want to spend the afternoon walking around town. Is there baggage storage or lockers for rent at the international airport for the carryon bags? Thanks.

There isn't much at the JNU airport, and no direct info on the website.

I would call the airport directly. 907-789-7821 is the number for the airport manager's admin assistant, who could probably answer your question in a minute or two.

There is free wifi in the terminal, also some stuffed animals to see.

Some links: Juneau city website and Airport website.

Thank you both. I called & was given another # to call. There is storage available for $5/bag/day next to the bear & the gift shop. This takes care of the last of the travel details.

Depending on when you are going (both month and time of day), 7 hours is enough to go to Mendenhall Glacier (taxi from the airport is best) or even do a whale watch tour (3+ hours). Also some nice hiking at Mendenhall and a lot of it is not very strenuous. Most whale watch tour companies will pick you up and drop you off at the airport. Both are excellent ways to spend some time. Downtown is mostly jewelry shops owned and/or operated by the cruise lines though there are some locally-owned shops. A museum downtown is nice.

We will be coming back the next week on the Sapphire & have excursions to Mendenhall & Glacier Gardens, & whale watching with Orca already booked. We wanted time to see the town, maybe a walking tour, & Mt Roberts if the weather cooperates. The flight with the 6 hour layover was fewer FF miles, so we thought, why not? Thanks for the advice.

Archived