RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Well since we are on the same cruise, I now feel better. :) I had heard of great discounts everyone else got but I was not overwhelmed.

I got an email from Jany today saying that they have decided not to raise 2010 rates. She says to email your 2010 confirmation to her and they will discount those rates. She didn't say how much, but once I hear back from her, I'll post it here.

I'm emailing a few tour companies for our trip to on the Med, RIL seems to be a great company for the italian stops, any name of guides of this company for Florence and Rome that you would recommend?

Thank you for your help.

Jas

I'm emailing a few tour companies for our trip to on the Med, RIL seems to be a great company for the italian stops, any name of guides of this company for Florence and Rome that you would recommend?

Thank you for your help.

Jas

We had John for Pisa and Florence. Very friendly and professional.

I got an email from Jany today saying that they have decided not to raise 2010 rates. She says to email your 2010 confirmation to her and they will discount those rates. She didn't say how much, but once I hear back from her, I'll post it here.

I heard back from Jany today. They are giving us E50 discount for Florence/Pisa, E100 for Rome, and E50 for Naples. This is for an 8-person van.

Just back from our cruise, and we used RIL in Rome, Florence and Naples, and I can't say enough good things how what a great job they did. Looking back, I'm amazed at how much we were able to see!

Our drivers were Laura in Florence, Nicola in Rome, and Raphaelle in Naples. We also opted to have RIL book tour guides for us at the Vatican and Pompeii. Sarah (Vatican) and Antonella (Pompeii) were fabulous.

Just back from our cruise, and we used RIL in Rome, Florence and Naples, and I can't say enough good things how what a great job they did. Looking back, I'm amazed at how much we were able to see!

Our drivers were Laura in Florence, Nicola in Rome, and Raphaelle in Naples. We also opted to have RIL book tour guides for us at the Vatican and Pompeii. Sarah (Vatican) and Antonella (Pompeii) were fabulous.

Were you in our group?

We did have Laura in Florence & Nicola in Rome and well as Mauro. We had 16 in Rome & The Amalfi area. We also had Raphaelle & Giovanni for that day. What I was confused about was you mentioning Naples as we tendered at Amalfi.

I heard back from Jany today. They are giving us E50 discount for Florence/Pisa, E100 for Rome, and E50 for Naples. This is for an 8-person van.

When I got my confirmation we did receive a decent discount so I am happy.

We had a wonderful day with John who took us to Pisa and San Gimignano. He was a great guide, personable, professional and very easy to look at (for us older ladies!). We had plenty of time at each stop and our luncheon and wine tasting in San Gimignano was one of our most memorable highlight of our cruise. Jany, who handles the booking, must work 24/7 and she does a phenomenal job. You won't go wrong!

I've used them in Europe a few times in the past, and am using them again next week on my NCL Gem. In my opinion, they are absolutely amazing. Very very professional, and they make sure you're on time, so you don't stress about "missing the ship". Duman and Jany will do anything they can to accomodate our schedule as well. They will pick you up the minute you come off the ship (they'll have a sign with your name), and their vehicles are also very confortable (mercedes). The drivers are very knowledgeable, and last time we were actually singing from the top of our lungs! Anyhow, I have had nothing but the best with them!

I must admit, I am a little disappointed. I just booked 6 things with them: 3 excursions and 3 transfers and very little discount was offered, despite my asking. I think they took 10 Euro off one excursion and 20 euro off 2 of the transfers. After hearing of other people getting 50 euro off EACH excursion when booking 3, I thought we'd at least get the same. We'll use them anyhow but I just wanted to share my thoughts...

After hearing of other people getting 50 euro off EACH excursion when booking 3, I thought we'd at least get the same.

I think you have to take what people claim on the internet with a grain of salt; after all, there are probably people that you actually know who exaggerate sometimes ... strangers on a message board are at least as likely to do so.

I must admit, I am a little disappointed. I just booked 6 things with them: 3 excursions and 3 transfers and very little discount was offered, despite my asking. I think they took 10 Euro off one excursion and 20 euro off 2 of the transfers. After hearing of other people getting 50 euro off EACH excursion when booking 3, I thought we'd at least get the same. We'll use them anyhow but I just wanted to share my thoughts...

I would get in touch with Jany if you are not receiving a 10% discount. This is what the discounts are... not an actual dollar amount. Or that is what has always happened in my case. We had quite a dollar amount taken off our Naples excursion, but I booked 18!!!! people with this company JUST for this one day so? How many are in your group?

I would send an email and see what happens? If you are a real small group, that could explain the smaller discounts.

euro cruiser... You are right. You cannot go by what people say here for everything. Some people have said that Romeinlimo takes you to lunch... NO, they drive you to lunch. You pay for your selves. I have actually had someone email me and say "I can't believe they took you to lunch and not me". They "didn't" take our group to lunch. I picked out my very own place to eat in both Naples and Rome, because I have been several times... and the driver happily did something else while we had lunch.

I put together many tour groups for Romeinlimo for our Roll Call, and not even I got more than a 10% discount.

It's pretty cut and dry, it's a 10% discount off for multiple bookings. I think for a private company that does such a great job, they are already reasonably priced. Compare to the cruiseline excursions. I think our rome tour was almost double without any discounts if you booked through Celebrity, plus you won't get much personal service with the CL excursions.

If you don't think the price is fair, shop around. For me, the fact that they have so many great reccomendations on so many message boards really made the decision for us.

Also, if you booked a 2010 rate before they decided not to raise the rates, you may be due a refund for that amount. They are keeping thier 2009 rates at this time for 2010 bookings. I think taht is great news!!

Thanks for the info on the discounts. All of the tours and transfers are for just 2 people, so perhaps that could explain the limited discount. I did ask for it the first time, so I don't know that I should ask again. I am always hesitant to do stuff like that. We will use them even without a discount, I just hate to pay any more than necessary. What do you think?

Thanks for the info on the discounts. All of the tours and transfers are for just 2 people, so perhaps that could explain the limited discount. I did ask for it the first time, so I don't know that I should ask again. I am always hesitant to do stuff like that. We will use them even without a discount, I just hate to pay any more than necessary. What do you think?

I was the one who mentioned E50 discount per excursion. This was for 8 people and is 10% of the excursion price. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion by not mentioning the size of the party or the %.

Yes, I think you should definitely e-mail Jany and tell her that you are reading on Cruise Critic about 10% discounts for multiple bookings and give her a chance to explain. It's only fair to yourself and to RIL that they be given that opportunity. Who knows what may have happened or what the reason for the discrepancy might be. Duman and Yany have been nothing but fair to me in setting up multiple transfers and tours, some of which are for two people, some for more. I did have a question about the pricing for my pre-cruise Rome tour, and that was explained to my complete satisfaction.

I am sure you can verify if you are receiving the discount. Yea, if you are just a couple it won't add up to much. But the service will be fantastic and worth every penny. We have taken several tours with just 4 and LOVE them. It's so nice to spend the day doing JUST what you want to do.

We used RomeinLimo on our Nov. 2 NCL Jade Cruise. Vinnie was our driver-guide for a day in Rome. He was excellent, took us to a great Osteria near the Vatican for lunch. I'll use them again for any Rome destinations, as well as recommend them to all my friends!

RIL is worth every cent when you need to maximize your time and see everything in a day. Even then you only see the highlights. The guide reserved with RIL for the vatican is a plus to see an overview of the best there. Many of the places visited one can spend hours absorbing history. One can only plan to go back to have that second opportunity to spend those additional hours.