Evening Attire on Larger Carnival Ships

Beanie01

I've been on Carnival once, and it was a smaller, older ship, 5-day cruise. Absolutely loved it Fabulous time. Dinner/evening attire, with the exception of formal night, was fairly casual - the usual capris, nice jeans, slacks, etc.

On the larger Carnival ships, such as Valor, Freedom, etc. are they any dressier for dinner/evening? I'm booked on RCI (Liberty of the Seas) this year and am planning to dress every night. I've got a few stretch satin dresses and a red chiffon. A travel agent told me on this ship, I'll fit right in, but I'm not sure about the nicer Carnival ships. We're considering the Carnival Dream next year. Would I look out of place dressing like this? Personnally, I enjoy dressing, since I don't get to at home, but at the same time, I don't want to look out of place.

I've been on Carnival once, and it was a smaller, older ship, 5-day cruise. Absolutely loved it Fabulous time. Dinner/evening attire, with the exception of formal night, was fairly casual - the usual capris, nice jeans, slacks, etc.

On the larger Carnival ships, such as Valor, Freedom, etc. are they any dressier for dinner/evening? I'm booked on RCI (Liberty of the Seas) this year and am planning to dress every night. I've got a few stretch satin dresses and a red chiffon. A travel agent told me on this ship, I'll fit right in, but I'm not sure about the nicer Carnival ships. We're considering the Carnival Dream next year. Would I look out of place dressing like this? Personnally, I enjoy dressing, since I don't get to at home, but at the same time, I don't want to look out of place.

For dinner, all Carnival ships are pretty casual. Elegant night is a little more dressy for dinner. There is ABSOLUTELY no dress code on Carnival for the "Evening." NEVER HAS BEEN. ONLY the dining room has had a dinner dress code.

Although the dress code for Elegant Evenings (formerly called Formal Night) has been relaxed, there will still be some people who are more dressed up. My last cruise was a year ago, but I saw a lot of dressed up people on the Valor. I wore a little black dress for one Elegant Evening and a sparkly formal-ish dress for the other. Didn't feel one bit out of place.

Lots of men in suits on that cruise also.

On Elegant nights, you will see sequins to nice church dresses. If you like to dress to the nines, by all means go for it, it's your vacation. And as much as we think other people are looking at us, they aren't. Unless of course the twins are out and waving to everyone.

And as much as we think other people are looking at us, they aren't. Unless of course the twins are out and waving to everyone.

I am a very polite cruiser. If twins wave and me I will wave back...

I am a very polite cruiser. If twins wave and me I will wave back...

Now I think a very polite cruiser would introduce himself to the twins, maybe even shake their hands...

For dinner, all Carnival ships are pretty casual. Elegant night is a little more dressy for dinner. There is ABSOLUTELY no dress code on Carnival for the "Evening." NEVER HAS BEEN. ONLY the dining room has had a dinner dress code.

Actually...Always has been just never enforced very well.

You'll be fine dressing up.

My wife always dresses up for dinner...more so for formal nights. In fact, she dresses differently for every meal, show, snack at the pizza bar, restroom visit!:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Thanks for your responses. If we book the Dream late this year for next Oct., I'll have most of next year to read reviews!

It's just that I'd hate for these beautiful dresses I found at ridiculous prices this year to only be worn once! I had actually set out to buy 1, and ended up with 5! Two of them I found at Ross for $20 and $27. I searched the designer's name and found the exact dresses, fully lined like mine, being sold at Nordstrom's for $168!

And no, not planning on the twins being being out and waving to anyone! :rolleyes:

Actually...Always has been just never enforced very well.

You'll be fine dressing up.

My wife always dresses up for dinner...more so for formal nights. In fact, she dresses differently for every meal, show, snack at the pizza bar, restroom visit!:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

I have never been aware of, or EVER seen a written EVENING dress code on Carnival. Dining room dress code, YES, but not a dress code for the evening. I have sailed many other lines and many have an "evening dress code" but not Carnival.

I have never been aware of, or EVER seen a written EVENING dress code on Carnival. Dining room dress code, YES, but not a dress code for the evening. I have sailed many other lines and many have an "evening dress code" but not Carnival.

Since the OP asked about "Dinner/Evening" I naturally assumed one would include the dining room code...you are correct though that there is not a separate "evening" wear code.

Our experience with Carnival, RCCL and Princess regardless of what ship..........the dress code was pretty much the same with the exception of Carnival now allows shorts in the dining room on casual nights.

Archived