Last day of cruise -- Breakfast cutbacks on our cruise

Thank you for clarifing this -- I got the impression that there weren't any hot breakfast dishes anywhere -- not in the Lido or the dining room.

No Problem KK! Princess has great breakfast dishes in both the Lido and main dining room! Just not room service!

My problem is I'm too lazy to go get them! :D On HAL they bring whatever I want to me ... except sometimes that last day when the menu is a bit more limited for a farewell breakfast.

The last day of our Ryndam cruise ended on 5/15. The night before we were offered the same breakfast menu we had the previous 11 days. I had ham & cheese omlette and other goodies delivered to the room at 8:00am.

I got off the Westerdam this morning and can say the in room breakfast menu is the same as always.

Thanks -- I get the feeling that we were a test run on the last day of our cruise to see what people thought of it.

DH wanted to have fried eggs in the dining room and was stunned when they weren't available.

I think that is just awful. Not certain how you made it through that final day of the cruise with a substandard menu such as that. I would consider writing to HAL executives with a view to getting a refund on the entire cruise.

We also just left the Westerdam on May 17th... Breakfast menu was the same on the last day as every other day. We were able to write in other items on the card - but only if the dining room was open before breakfast was delivered .

Seems to me HAL is offering a reasonable room service breakfast

menu for the last morning. Especially considering passengers

are able to remain in their cabins until disembarkation.

I'm agree with you, I belief it will be very busy on the last morning.

We received the same menu as usual on the last day of the cruis.

We had eggs, bacon, coffee, etc.

We ordered a large pot of coffee so we could ave fresh coffee up till the time we will be called to leave the ship.

Ruth & Jim

Actually having sailed with many lines I have to say that I think HAL is brilliant on the last day. The lines we have been with do not do room service on the last morning at all and on top of that HAL is the only line we have been allowed to stay in our cabin until disembarkation.

Never being on HAL before, I just want to verify that you can stay in your cabin until you are called for disembarkation you don't have to go to some lounge and sit for hours????

Are you serious??

No hot items any morning??

No eggs??

A continental breakfast is available to those in balcony rooms, outside & inside staterooms. At least that was the way it was in '06. Mini-suites on "up" have more choices...as far as I know.

I thought there was more then Continental Brekfast offered to those in balcony rooms or better. I couldn't tell you because I'm always in the cheap seats:D.

We haven't yet sailed Princess, but in the research I've done, only full suites have an expanded room service menu. I'm still keeping an open mind, but I'm learning that a number of amenities we've taken for granted on HAL are either not available, or cost extra on Princess.

Never being on HAL before, I just want to verify that you can stay in your cabin until you are called for disembarkation you don't have to go to some lounge and sit for hours????

That's correct. :) Nice way to end a cruise, isn't it. :):)

A continental breakfast is available to those in balcony rooms, outside & inside staterooms. At least that was the way it was in '06. Mini-suites on "up" have more choices...as far as I know.

Just back on 4/15 - Golden to Hawaii...in a mini-suite - only same limited

continental breakfast and not even coffee on final morning. Regular

room service menu - VERY limited. Probably less than a dozen items.

HAL really has them beat on this one!! Also, has them beat on handling

their anytime dining - it was a nightmare on Golden.

We were on the Westerdam for the last night of your cruise. We were amazed there was room service available the last morning at all. We've never gotten it on Princess or Royal Caribbean the last morning. They did however get the order wrong, but the China and silver was nice!:D

Actually having sailed with many lines I have to say that I think HAL is brilliant on the last day. The lines we have been with do not do room service on the last morning at all and on top of that HAL is the only line we have been allowed to stay in our cabin until disembarkation.

For me when I go to bed the last night and the luggage has been put out I am at the end of the cruise. The next morning to have a simple breakfast in the cabin (I say simple - I think that menu is actually very good), and not emerge until it is time to go to the gangplank is super. I hate that sitting round in the lounge with your hand luggage until your turn. You always end up trying to decide which is best of a very early breakfast so you are finished in time to collect your handluggage from the cabin at the magic 8 am, or whether to go for a late breakfast and carry your handluggage round the dining room/cafeteria.

Welll done HAL

Agreed. The room service breakfast menu was the usual one for the last day on HAL in April when we sailed.

It sounds to me that HAL is brilliant on the last day also. I've only sailed Celebrity and going on my first HAL cruise in 10 days. Celebrity has room service breakfast but not as extensive as HAL in the verandah cabins. On any morning you can get bacon and scrambled eggs on X, that's it for hot dishes, no omelettes, etc. The last day on X is a limited room service breakfast, no eggs, hot items, just continental style. And I love X so I'm not complaining.;)

I think it's wonderful that HAL has a full breakfast as well as the fact that you don't have to leave your cabin at 8:00 in the morning like on X. It stands to reason that the last day the stewards are trying to clean up from the outgoing passengers and get ready for the next cruisers. I really think this complaint is kind of over the top (don't flame me, please) :eek:

Sue

It sounds to me that HAL is brilliant on the last day also. I've only sailed Celebrity and going on my first HAL cruise in 10 days. Celebrity has room service breakfast but not as extensive as HAL in the verandah cabins. On any morning you can get bacon and scrambled eggs on X, that's it for hot dishes, no omelettes, etc. The last day on X is a limited room service breakfast, no eggs, hot items, just continental style. And I love X so I'm not complaining.;)

I think it's wonderful that HAL has a full breakfast as well as the fact that you don't have to leave your cabin at 8:00 in the morning like on X. It stands to reason that the last day the stewards are trying to clean up from the outgoing passengers and get ready for the next cruisers. I really think this complaint is kind of over the top (don't flame me, please) :eek:

Sue

I was not complaining -- just asking if any other person had notice something on the last morning of their cruise on other ships.

We never order room service.

We ate in the dining room that morning and there was a different menu there as well. No fried eggs -- no kipper herring -- several things were not on the menu that had previously been on the menu before.

As I mentioned before -- twice -- I was wondering if this was a test run.

I was not complaining -- just asking if any other person had notice something on the last morning of their cruise on other ships.

We never order room service.

We ate in the dining room that morning and there was a different menu there as well. No fried eggs -- no kipper herring -- several things were not on the menu that had previously been on the menu before.

As I mentioned before -- twice -- I was wondering if this was a test run.

KK, I'm so sorry, I thought you were talking about room service.:o I've never eaten breakfast in the dining room on the last day, mainly because on X they make you leave so early, but am thinking it would be really nice to do that on my upcoming HAL cruise since I'll have the time. I like fried eggs too so hopefully the "test" failed!!:)

Again, sorry about the misunderstanding. Sue

Hi Sue

We have been on 51 HAL cruises and have never seen this abreviated form of the cabin menu or a shorten menu in the dining room. Thus I was asking what was happening on the other ships.

I, too, hope that this "test" has failed permanently as others on the sailing after ours on the Westerdam have reported that they had the full menu items.

We know that from time to time HAL will suddenly do a "test" of something on one of the ships.

Guess we got caught in the "Breakfast" test -- and I also hope that we never see it again.

Have a great cruise!!

Archived