Would 2 toddlers be bored without a shore excursion?

JulieS1022

We have 3.5 and 2.5 toddlers and I was wondering if we should book shore excursions or not. Would they be too tiring for them? Would they be bored if we didn't take them off the ship (RC Independence)??

thanks,

Julie

Some excursions are only a few hours. In most ports, going to a beach is something easy to do on your own, and at your own pace. Or, just putting them in a stroller and rolling them around town!

The Freedom class ships have tons to do, even while in port.....it's really up to your family and what they like to do!

It depends on your interests and where you are going. An advantage to doing your own thing when in port, is that if the kids get tired or cranky, then you can go back to the ship at your convenience. In the past, we have hired a taxi for a private tour or just explored the port on foot. You can also check out the local playgrounds or school yard playgrounds. It can be interesting to check out the different playgrounds in each port. (Quebec City has some great public playgrounds in the old part of town). It is also a good chance for the kids to stretch their legs and have a change of scenery. If you decide to book excursions, don't forget to bring along lots of toys and snacks in case they get antsy.

Have a great time on your trip.

N.

They will not know the difference so it is realy up to you.

How well behaved are they? Do they need bathroom breaks? Any other problems on an adult tour?

Depending on the port getting off and doing some walking might be a good idea. I think I would tend not to book a tour unless it was a trip to the beach or something like that.

Actually, they may be bored on the tour, depending on what type it is. If it's a "City" tour, with lots of time on a bus, they'll probably get squirmy.

We usually book independent tours since we have found that the they will often alter the tour to help fit the needs/disposition of your child.

What ports are you talking about? I might be able to give you a few recommendations.

CeleBrat

Archived