Dinner Dilemma in July

cookingmom

My family of 6 (including our 85 year old grandmother!) will be on the Westerdam early July. We are scheduled for early traditional dining but have a problem the day we will be in Juneau. Our whale watching trip with Harv & Marv won't return us to the ship in time. While I'd love to make a reservation for that night at the Pinnacle Grill, the $120 is a little hard to swallow. How about some advice from all those cruise experts out there?

My family of 6 (including our 85 year old grandmother!) will be on the Westerdam early July. We are scheduled for early traditional dining but have a problem the day we will be in Juneau. Our whale watching trip with Harv & Marv won't return us to the ship in time. While I'd love to make a reservation for that night at the Pinnacle Grill, the $120 is a little hard to swallow. How about some advice from all those cruise experts out there?

If you arrive back to the ship too late for your fixed dining, you can eat in the Lido or you might consider room service. I do not believe HAL permits fixed seating passengers to dine in the open seating venue, but it never hurts to ask once you're onboard.

Exactly what time does your excursion begin and end?

The Lido will be open -- same menu as the dining room -- until about 8 or 8:30 -- varies by ship and itinerary.

Also you all can order room service 24/7 -- and there is also a menu available from Noon until about 10 PM.

Archived