Equinox Aqua Class Cabins??

jetboy

Looking for some advise we I have been offered a fantastic deal for an AQ class cabin but wanted to know is it worth paying the extra over a regular balcony cabin. This will be our first time with Celebrity as we normally cruise with RCCL but have decided its time for a change with the standards dropping so much. I know we have a different dining area but does this provide a good choice of food as I don't want just "Healthy" options as this is my vacation!!! Also can anyone recommend what side is better to have a cabin on as we always seem to be unlucky with the sun!! Any advise or tips would be great, we am planning on the 11 night Caribbean cruise on Jan 25th. Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

We were in Aqua Class in January, '09 aboard Solstice. We think you'll be glad you chose to upgrade to this class of stateroom.

The Blu cuisine is 'healthy' in that it is prepared with organically grown ingredients and without the heavy sauces often employed in other venues. Blu has excellent variety and diversity of tastes. Heck, it more than appealed to my very "meat & potatoes" partner who LOVED it!

The high level of service in Blu was outstanding, as well.

CM

We just got back from Solstice and stayed at Aqua Class cabin. We love the food at Blu, don't worry, we didn't find the food particulary "healthy", only "lighter" in a sense that the sauce was not as thick and there were more veggies used. We still had steaks, lamb racks, lobsters, fishes, cheese, etc. We also dined at the Main Dining Room once, we think the difference is, the the food presentation & cooking method was more fancy at Blu (soups were poured into the bowl at your table), that's it, the ingredients are basically similar.

Aqua class cabins are definitely worth the extra expense. The Blu alone would be worth the money. The tea and water provided daily was a good perk for us. I know you will enjoy your cruise if you book Aqua Class.

Aqua class cabins are definitely worth the extra expense. The Blu alone would be worth the money. The tea and water provided daily was a good perk for us. I know you will enjoy your cruise if you book Aqua Class.

I completly agree. Well worth what ever extra they are charging.

Looking for some advise we I have been offered a fantastic deal for an AQ class cabin but wanted to know is it worth paying the extra over a regular balcony cabin. This will be our first time with Celebrity as we normally cruise with RCCL but have decided its time for a change with the standards dropping so much. I know we have a different dining area but does this provide a good choice of food as I don't want just "Healthy" options as this is my vacation!!! Also can anyone recommend what side is better to have a cabin on as we always seem to be unlucky with the sun!! Any advise or tips would be great, we am planning on the 11 night Caribbean cruise on Jan 25th. Many thanks in advance.

AQ all the way! We just got off and booked another one in AQ. We haven't been on RCCL but I'm sure you will find X a step above. Dining in Blu was great and provided for a much more intimate environment. The large dining rooms can get loud and sound too much like a cafeteria. The food tasted rich and delicious to us. You can get "Healthy" food at the Aqua Spa Cafe. As far as location goes, try to book in an area where there is less traffic in the evenings on the deck above you. If you're concerned about sun go behind the hump where you are under the overhang.

Do you have to pay a surcharge in Blu when you're in an AquaSpa class cabin (like Murano and Tuscan Grill)? Also, are there footstools for the chairs on the deck in these cabins?

If you are AquaSpa, Blu is free. We just got off a 15-day TA and ate in Blu every night. Didn't feel the need to go to any of the specialty restaurants, since Blu was "the specialty restaurant."

Yes, footstools for both chairs on the deck.

Shower & towels were the Best!!

Ditto most everything said earlier. We loved Blu. Anything to get us away from the mass dining is a highlight :)

But seriously Blu was from pretty good to very good. I compare it to Blu is like going out to dinner in a nice restaurant and the MDR is more like a nice wedding reception. Nothing wrong with either, just different.

We would book AQ just for Blu.

enjoy,

Duane

I would imagine that the Equinox is similar to the Solstice, so my question is, I have read about the problem of soot. Would being toward the back of the middle (right after the area of suites) be a good area? Thanks!

I would imagine that the Equinox is similar to the Solstice, so my question is, I have read about the problem of soot. Would being toward the back of the middle (right after the area of suites) be a good area? Thanks!

The only cabins with a soot problem are those that are the true aft cabins(along the very back of the ship). No reports so far of any soot on any of the cabins in any location along the two sides.

The only cabins with a soot problem are those that are the true aft cabins(along the very back of the ship). No reports so far of any soot on any of the cabins in any location along the two sides.

Thank you, Donna, for replying so quickly. We should be fine then. elaine

Archived