need help with transfers in Vancouver

Travelight

At the risk that this has been answered before, I'll ask again anyway.:o

Vickie Bernie, Putterdude, or Urban Treker:

We are a family of 5 adults. We arrive in Vancouver on May 31 after getting off the HAL Veendam.

With tips from you all, we bid on Priceline and got a good deal at the Westin Bayshore for two nights. :)

Westin Bayshore e-mailed me that they do not have a shuttle from Canada Place to the the hotel or the airport. :(

What do you suggest we do when we get off the ship?

Should we get a taxi and go on to the hotel to unload our luggage and then look around town?

Or is there a place we can store our luggage for a while close to the pier so that we can look around down there first?:rolleyes:

Is a taxi the most economical way for us to transfer?

Also, what is the least expensive way to get to the airport for 5 (some elderly) adults with luggage from our hotel?:confused:

Thank you all for your input. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Can't wait to see Vancouver!!!!!!!:D

At the risk that this has been answered before, I'll ask again anyway.:o

Vickie Bernie, Putterdude, or Urban Treker:

We are a family of 5 adults. We arrive in Vancouver on May 31 after getting off the HAL Veendam.

With tips from you all, we bid on Priceline and got a good deal at the Westin Bayshore for two nights. :)

Westin Bayshore e-mailed me that they do not have a shuttle from Canada Place to the the hotel or the airport. :(

What do you suggest we do when we get off the ship?

Should we get a taxi and go on to the hotel to unload our luggage and then look around town?

Or is there a place we can store our luggage for a while close to the pier so that we can look around down there first?:rolleyes:

Is a taxi the most economical way for us to transfer?

Also, what is the least expensive way to get to the airport for 5 (some elderly) adults with luggage from our hotel?:confused:

Thank you all for your input. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Can't wait to see Vancouver!!!!!!!:D

it's a short distance, (7 blocks maybe), I would just grab TWO taxis.

We took a taxi from Ballantyne to our downtown hotel this Saturday and it was only Can$7.75 plus tip. So 2 taxis to Canada Place should be very reasonable.

Cinnamon,

That is very reasonable. It sounds like a taxi is the best way for us to go, especially with the luggage.

Luggage is always a problem for "travelight";)

I noticed on Monday at Canada Place that they were trying to direct larger parties to van-cabs but 5 would be a bit of a push for 5 persons. There is CDS baggage service at the pier but the cost of it for 5 persons would probably be more expensive than the cab idea.

I noticed on Monday at Canada Place that they were trying to direct larger parties to van-cabs but 5 would be a bit of a push for 5 persons. There is CDS baggage service at the pier but the cost of it for 5 persons would probably be more expensive than the cab idea.

Thank you, Putterdude:

I feel so responsible for everybody - just want everything to go as smoothly and cheaply as possible!

Two cabs to the hotel to drop off the luggage is probably our best best. Then we can decide which direction to go first.

There is so much to do in Vancouver. I wish we had more than just two days to visit.

Archived