Weather Worries!!

cvrap

We're headed to Nassau and worried about the weather as they are talking not only rain but tropical storm (hurricane hunters out possibly). Any weather experts out there that can shed some light on this?

It is for sure rainy here in South FL. However, they are reporting that it is even less likely that the disturbance will turn into anything..odds are less than 30% that it will tunr into something more seriou.

Not sure when your cruise leaves..but I am sure you will be fine..the weekend and is still several days away and hopefully this will move quickly. I am sure the captain will find some nice sunny spots for you to sail on

We are actually going on Disney but then Carnival May 30. We leave Thursday. I posted here because there's much more activity on this board than Disney Cruise Line board.

We have cruised out of Pt Canaveral probably 3 or 4 times in June and never had any issues. That talk about Hurricane is what really stressed me!! I know that sometimes Carnival doesn't make Half Moon Cay but I'm not sure about Disney making their private island. Hope it works out for us!!

You might be able to check what the wave level will be somewhere. It's a little rough anytime you go over the Gulfstream, which is between US and Bahamas. Water is probably too cool to develop any disturbance into a major storm. Technically, Hurricane season doesn't start until June 1, but there are rarely any storms in June, although I have traveled through a tropical depression in the Gulf of Mexico in mid-June before.

Ok, heres what I have heard. Hurricane Hunters did go out and were watching it for a bit but then they were sent back because they didn't see it as a big threat. So there you go. Don't worry. Regardless, the cruise will kinda drive you around it as much as they can.

You might be able to check what the wave level will be somewhere.
Here..

This is an animated sea swells height forecast webpage.

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/atlm.html?map=wave&animate=1#map

For future reference

all cruisers should put this in Favorites (Firefox users Bookmark things..)

This webpage only looks out about 3 days, but it'll give you a fair idea of what's coming.

Archived