Independence 2010/2011-18nts & 11nts

Ultimate Mediterranean – 18nts

Southampton, Lisbon, Palma, Barcelona, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Naples/Capri, Cagliari, Gibraltar, Seville, Southampton

21st Dec 2010

8th & 26th Jan 2011

13th Feb 2011

Spain & Canary Islands – 11nts

Southampton, Vigo, Lisbon, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Madeira, La Coruna, Southampton

18th, 29th Nov; 10th Dec 2010

3rd, 14th, 25th March 2011

5th, 16th April 2011

Ultimate Mediterranean – 18nts

Southampton, Lisbon, Palma, Barcelona, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Naples/Capri, Cagliari, Gibraltar, Seville, Southampton

21st Dec 2010

8th & 26th Jan

13th Feb 1011

Spain & Canary Islands – 11nts

Southampton, Vigo, Lisbon, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Madeira, La Coruna, Southampton

18th, 29th Nov; 10th Dec 2010

3rd, 14th, 25th March 2011

5th, 16th April 2011

Liz....was looking this AM for summer 2011 since thats our 25th but didn't see IOS going that far.....were these just posted?

Liz....was looking this AM for summer 2011 since thats our 25th but didn't see IOS going that far.....were these just posted?

Hi Steve :D

Just got those dates in an email.

On sale June 1st :D

Yippppeeeee...my 50th Birthday is Feb 13th 2011.....fits just perfectly :D

Thanks Liz, I was looking forward to seeing what they would do for the 18 night itinerary and I must say I'm disapointed. I was hoping for something special, maybe going a little further east or even some new ports, it's just a padded out version of the 14 night itinerary. I won't be booking this one.

Not wishing to rain on anyone's parade (or Birthday!) ...... a lot more ships are doing the Med in winter - BUT isn't it a bit cold (not to mention rough) at that time of the year??? Personally I think they will struggle to fill IoS through January and February on the 18 day Med - just watch the prices drop a few months out. An itinerary calling in Morroco or even as far as West Africa might have been a little more exciting. Who knows what the thinking is behind this!!

Ken

Thanks Liz, I was looking forward to seeing what they would do for the 18 night itinerary and I must say I'm disapointed. I was hoping for something special, maybe going a little further east or even some new ports, it's just a padded out version of the 14 night itinerary. I won't be booking this one.

Not wishing to rain on anyone's parade (or Birthday!) ...... a lot more ships are doing the Med in winter - BUT isn't it a bit cold (not to mention rough) at that time of the year??? Personally I think they will struggle to fill IoS through January and February on the 18 day Med - just watch the prices drop a few months out. An itinerary calling in Morroco or even as far as West Africa might have been a little more exciting. Who knows what the thinking is behind this!!

Ken

Have to say I do agree with you both with regard to the ports :( I was really hoping RCCL would choose some ports that are known for better weather in winter. The thought of the Bay of Biscay in Feb is rather :eek: actually. I think some research might be in order. Although at the moment I cant think what ships sail from UK in winter. :confused:

I suppose their 'thinking' is that Indy IS the destination rather than the ports. LOL at that time of the year it would have to be!! I think I would rather save my money and go in the summer. I agree some Western African ports would have been interesting.

It's a pity the 'Christmas' cruise doesn't get back to the UK until after the schools have all gone back in, it's bad timing if they want to attract families.

I suppose their 'thinking' is that Indy IS the destination rather than the ports. LOL at that time of the year it would have to be!! I think I would rather save my money and go in the summer. I agree some Western African ports would have been interesting.

It's a pity the 'Christmas' cruise doesn't get back to the UK until after the schools have all gone back in, it's bad timing if they want to attract families.

On reflection, I'm thinking this is entirely a financial decision. RCI probably think it better to save 2 expensive transatlantics when they have greatly reduced rates/high fuel costs plus a Caribbean winter season where Indie would be competing with Oasis and Allure for soft 'Caribbean' rates and chance it with an easy option Med/Canaries winter season where the UK rates are at a higher starting point than they would be in the Caribbean.

Capacity has grown so much that RCI must be desperate to find another winter itinerary ... somehow I don't think the Med from the UK is it!! I keep thinking South Africa (for any US/UK cruise line) - voyages there and back with maybe a few Cape Town based 7 nighter fly cruises to Durban, Port Elizabeth etc. Weather there is perfect in December/March, costs in SA must be inexpensive and destinations are largely unvisited by cruisers .... it's got to be a better option than crossing the Bay of Biscay every week????

Ken

What a disappointment :( I can't think of any reason why I would want to cruise the Med in Jan/Feb (the last week in October was bad enough last year with half the days rainy and chilly). Even the Canaries can be dicey at that time of year. I agree with so many comments here - what a lack of imagination on RCCLs part.

I'm one of those people who cruises for the ports and the ship is a nice extra and not the main attraction. No amount of 'entertainment' on the ship would entice me to do any of these cruises at that time of year.

Ha steve I was thinking the same thing...its helpful to know people and liz always seems to know the right ones! I am patiently waiting to see the 2011 schedule, I am trying to talk my family into going to greece!

Yea....we were looking at IOS for next summer then decided we would wait to do Europe for our 25th.....waiting to see if they have anything on the new schedule that may include Venice.

Archived