Beaches around Villifranche

Hello all,

Cruising on the VOS, and after 3 long days of touring Italy, we will definately want some down time when we get to France. Will probably want to tour Monte Carlo that morning, but will want to chill by a beach of some sort and sip some cocktails that afternoon...

What is available as far as the beach scene? I read that the Nice beaches are really rocky? Drinks expensive? and it is recommended to rent some chairs... all sounds a bit much for 1/2 of a day. So, is there any options that I am missing? Have read that other beaches around there are nice and sandy, but not sure if their are drink options.... We also dont mind buying our own stuff and having a picknick on the beach but not sure if that is an options.

Thanks so much for the recommendations..

The Nice beach isn't rocky--it IS rocks. It is very pretty, but it is all rocks about the size of a child's fist. You can rent chairs--I don't know the cost, since I did not have the time to sit and lounge.

Nice is beautiful and really worth the visit, especially the open air market!.

But to just chill on the beach, stay in Ville Franche--the beach is small but sandy and pretty.

Not sure what cruise you are on, but the port time in Ville Franche is somewhat limited, and you do have to tender in and out, so allow time for that--the lines for the tender get really long, especially when it gets closer to departure time.

If you are going to go to Monte Carlo in the morning I think you are cutting it close trying to go over to Nice to the beach.

My suggestion is after you visit Monte Carlo you head back to Villifranche. There is a nice beach right adjacent to the tender dropoff/pickoff point.

Keith

Archived