Any wheelchair accessible rooms with a balcony on Ecstasy?

Babyblue

My friend is traveling with her mom (both 1st time cruisers), and needs a wheelchair accessible room. But she wants to have a balcony as well.Does anyone know if this is a possiblility?

I guess I could just ask my TA but I know I can get the answer here from those in the know.

I got a balcony room so now she wants one LOL:D

After the drydock in mid-Sept to mid-October, the Ecstasy will have 98 more balcony cabins than it currently has. Do call your TA to see if your friend can move to one of those, if they have any handicapped cabins available.

Also, call Special Needs. They can tell you the width of the doorways, etc, and whether the bathroom has a step-up or not.

My mom was able to use a walker while INSIDE the cabin (Cat 12), but needed her wheelchair to get around the ship. The door was not wide enough to get the wheelchair inside the cabin without folding it up.

Thank goodness she is now mobile and no longer needs the wheelchair or walker!

If your friend's mom can stand on her own and use a walker some of the time, perhaps a regular balcony will work...just bring along a walker, too.

Be aware that Ecstasy has no totally HC cabins, none. There is a little step up in the bathrooms. All Fantasy class ships have this step up. Not true HC cabins. I stayed in a HC cabin on Ecstasy and have pics.

Picture027.jpg

Picture024-1.jpg

Iv got more pics of the seat in the shower and the bars, but these two pictures I think show you that there is still a little step up into the bath and this is considered a full HC cabin on Ecstasy class and Im told all Fantasy class ship have this step up. Be warned.

Be aware that Ecstasy has no totally HC cabins, none. There is a little step up in the bathrooms. All Fantasy class ships have this step up. Not true HC cabins. I stayed in a HC cabin on Ecstasy and have pics.

Picture027.jpg

Picture024-1.jpg

Iv got more pics of the seat in the shower and the bars, but these two pictures I think show you that there is still a little step up into the bath and this is considered a full HC cabin on Ecstasy class and Im told all Fantasy class ship have this step up. Be warned.

The person will be able to walk and is not totally wheelchair bound so this should not be a problem.

I think she needs assistance with walking.

I will tell her to speak with our TA to make sure.

We were in a wc room by chance once and it had the ramp into the bathroom.

I have more pictures of the HC bathroom. If you friend wants to see them, she can email me at the email addy in my profile.

We enjoyed having the HC bath. My sister is on a cane and has balance issues, so all the bars were a big plus for us.

I have more pictures of the HC bathroom. If you friend wants to see them, she can email me at the email addy in my profile.

We enjoyed having the HC bath. My sister is on a cane and has balance issues, so all the bars were a big plus for us.

I will e-mail you with the request and have her look on the site at work(she is my boss at my second job)she doesnt get much time to surf the net with being a single mother(while her husband is in Iraq) of 3 kids at home, one who is autistic,and having to run a business and take care of her mother.

So firefly I will e-mail you with the request and she can look at work when I go in.

Thks for the offer.

P.S. I think you were on one of the cruises I was on, dont think you made it to the M&M tho(Or maybe I didnt make It to the M&M)

Karen

I will e-mail you with the request and have her look on the site at work(she is my boss at my second job)she doesnt get much time to surf the net with being a single mother(while her husband is in Iraq) of 3 kids at home, one who is autistic,and having to run a business and take care of her mother.

So firefly I will e-mail you with the request and she can look at work when I go in.

Thks for the offer.

P.S. I think you were on one of the cruises I was on, dont think you made it to the M&M tho(Or maybe I didnt make It to the M&M)

Karen

I remember your name too. I wasnt aware we ever decided on a place and time to meet, so Im sure I wasnt there either lol.

These pics are from that cruise. I was unaware that we had been assigned a HC cabin until we opened the door. The cabin was still the same 185 s.f., just had modifications to the bathroom. A nice sturday pull down seat in the shower and lots of bars in the bath, behind the door, around the toilet and in the shower.

I remember your name too. I wasnt aware we ever decided on a place and time to meet, so Im sure I wasnt there either lol.

These pics are from that cruise. I was unaware that we had been assigned a HC cabin until we opened the door. The cabin was still the same 185 s.f., just had modifications to the bathroom. A nice sturday pull down seat in the shower and lots of bars in the bath, behind the door, around the toilet and in the shower.

I think your right.Oh well maybe next time.

Yes our HC room was kinda neet. The only thing I didnt like was the bathrrom floor was wet all the time.The way the floor was made it seemed to not have good drainage( water wasnt kept in one place with a border on the floor).

It was nice because it seemed larger than our basic inside we had in the past..

Well off to work.I work nights (second jobs during the day 4or so times a week)

Thks again for the pics I e-mailed ya

Archived