Concierge Class...

mongoose327

After reading everyone's posts, I still can't decide if it's worth $360 for the cabin for 10 nights on the Constellation.

The pillow choice was not enough reason?? :confused:

Personally....I'm a "beddie"...love a nice comfy bed so the upgraded pillow top mattress, nice Duvet, extra pillows of choice was what sold me on the CC upgrade! That on top of the priority check-in, expanded room service (fresh OJ delivered to your room each morning along with a nice omlet sound nice on your balcony?) and the priority embarking/disembarking makes it a good deal to me. I was lucky though...it only cost me an extra $100 total for two at the time I booked....well worth it. The $360 is more significant...questionable but if you like a nice bed, still may be worth it for 10 nights. Good luck! Either way, you'll enjoy! :D

We are sailing CC class on century in November, and are intrigued by a number of postings criticising the canapes, it would be interesting to hear the reason why quite a few posters describe them as "dreadful."

We were in CC on the May 25th Solstice sailing and the dreadful canapes on the stale bread rounds were no longer served. We got a very nice selection of hors d'oeuvres that were quite good. I don't know if this change is on all the ships or just the Solstice. The cheese and cracker plate is a good choice, too.

The alternate choices are better than the canapes, I agree. But even so, I prefer to head up to the buffet at tea time and choose my own snacks from the much wider assortment of tempting goodies available there. They put out a nice variety of little sandwiches, hors d'oeuvres, cheeses, fresh fruit, cakes, cookies, and ice cream. You can wash them down with coffee, hot tea, iced tea, hot chocolate, lemonade, or a bar drink, all readily available. Or step outside for hamburgers, fries and guacamole at the grill.

As to the value of the concierge class perks, each person has his/her own opinion of how much they are worth. Even in the same family, one person may be delighted with the towels or flowers or the showerhead or additional square feet, while another barely notices them and could not care less about them.

To me, the heavy terry robes are very nice in a cold climate, but I prefer the lighter, waffle-weave robes on warm-weather cruises. We never use the binoculars or umbrella they provide because we like our own better.

We are doing CC for the first time. In fact, Celebrity for the first time.

We got a great price for CC.

One of the attractions to us was the full breakfast menu. I love the idea of not fighting the crowds in the dining room or at the buffet and instead having breakfast in my room (or ideally on my balcony) every morning.

Judy

We are doing CC for the first time. In fact, Celebrity for the first time.

We got a great price for CC.

One of the attractions to us was the full breakfast menu. I love the idea of not fighting the crowds in the dining room or at the buffet and instead having breakfast in my room (or ideally on my balcony) every morning.

Judy

Ditto... exactly our feeling!! Room service breakfast sounds like a dream :)

Does anyone know if the benefits of CC category are also offered to SS category? I am booked in 6131 on Constellation and it was not clear to me if the benefits rolled upward??

NJSki - I am from Old Bridge and am booked on the 10 day from Bayonne to Miami....can't wait.......Have you joined the rollcall?

Dear Dinotoll,

Re post #58 -Wow! a picture is worth a 1000 words! the canapes look great, and even better with the champagne on the balcony! what's the big deal? if they're not good, just swap them out for something else! we will be on the century August 1st to the baltic in a cc cabin and i can't wait. whatever perks they give you, bring them on!

by the way, anyone out there ever been on the celebrity in cc class? like to know your thoughts.

thanks.

Thats the way they look like when arrived:

p1000458.jpg

thats the way we enjoyed it on our balcony...

p1000467rwb.jpg

my pics from the Celebrity Solstice May 2009:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Dieter.Stasiak

Now these look much better and quite different from what we got on the Summit. Hope these are the new ones. Ours came on stale bread rounds and tasted like they were made of old pate. Nothing like these.

Does anyone know if the benefits of CC category are also offered to SS category? I am booked in 6131 on Constellation and it was not clear to me if the benefits rolled upward??

NJSki - I am from Old Bridge and am booked on the 10 day from Bayonne to Miami....can't wait.......Have you joined the rollcall?

We were just on the Mercury in May in a Sky Suite, and one of the first things we did was ask our butler for a Concierge Class breakfast menu. Every morning thereafter, we just wrote in items (from the CC menu) on our Suite breakfast menu and they were cheerfully delivered.

One of the things I have learned from these boards is that, when in a Suite, don't hesitate to ask your butler for anything. If you don't ask, you have a much higher chance of not getting it. :)

We are trying to decide between a C3 and a regular balcony on the 10 night Equinox from Rome to Venice. The price difference for the cabin is $584.

We paid $400 extra for CC on Summit for a 14 day cruise, just to get the extra space, not so much for the perks. I can't remember if the CC's are larger on Equinox or not--if so, I woud go for it; if it's just the perks, I personally wouldn't spend the money. But keep an eye out--the prices may come down!

Cathy

The Celebrity brochure lists the Concierge and about staterooms as having a "veranda with lounge seating". How is this different from the standard balcony cabins seating on the veranda?

Also, one of the perks is Priority debarkation and tendering. We always go on our ship's roll call and get others to join our private excursions. If the people who decide to join us aren't in Concierge or above will they be able to get off with us or have to wait until the rest of the standard cabin passengers get off? This will make a big difference as it would basically eliminate this benefit for us.

Thanks everyone!

It's funny but I don't think I have ever read a post where someone actually likes the canapes!

I had the canapés in 2003 and 2005 and enjoyed them... not spectacular, but certainly not bad. And I can be picky! I've cruised RCL in spite of the food they serve and am eager to get back to Celebrity some day.

I keep waiting to see someone say they like them too... and waiting... Instead, I read post after post from people who find them almost offensively bad. I must have a blind spot for food served to my door.

The Celebrity brochure lists the Concierge and about staterooms as having a "veranda with lounge seating". How is this different from the standard balcony cabins seating on the veranda?

Cushions.

I haven't been on the cruise yet, but according to the Celebrity website (and other travel sites), on the Millennium (and perhaps other X ships) the CC cabins are 192 sq. ft., vs. 170 sq. ft. for "regular" veranda cabins. The extra space in the cabin, the upgraded balcony, and the priority embarkation, disembarkation, and tendering are what sold us on getting 2 CC cabins; the other perks--better bedding, pillows, towels--are a nice bonus. marilano

What sort of showers are in CC cabins.....do they have shower curtains or are they the Star Trek transporter tubes like on some RCCL ships? We always take clothes pins or chip clips to hold down the shower curtain on ships that have shower curtains.....:p

We actually like the canapes, I'll admit it. We had some with brie and walnuts, some with salmon, some with shrimp, and a few other kinds. There was only one we didn't enjoy and it was some sort of green paste.

What sort of showers are in CC cabins.....do they have shower curtains or are they the Star Trek transporter tubes like on some RCCL ships? We always take clothes pins or chip clips to hold down the shower curtain on ships that have shower curtains.....:p

Curtains on all the ships except the new Solstice class. They have the tubes. I have always found the showers with curtains on Celebrity to be very roomy and there's no need to soap the curtain and spin round for a quick clean up;)

Phil

After reading everyone's posts, I still can't decide if it's worth $360 for the cabin for 10 nights on the Constellation.

The 10 nights in a Cat 2B, which is just 1 step below a CC, is running just $2,300 so I don't know if there's enough value there. Percentage-wise, it's a pretty big jump in price.

• Canapes, good or bad, free food is not worth anything on a cruise, unless it's something different and special.
  • Flowers are nice, but of little real value.
  • In 20 cruises, we've never ordered room service, so expanded breakfast menu probably wouldn't mean much.
  • My wife doesn't drink, so the bottle of Champagne has a small value.

So can anyone convince me that other than a slightly larger cabin, and possibly a choice of pillows, that it's worth it?

Thanks.

Gosh - we've just booked a CC for only £90 (?$150) more than the asking price for an ocean view cabin (without balcony)

Archived