pool/beach towels

Ok, we've sailed RCCL several times now and I don't understand the towel exchange process. I know you are SUPPOSED to sign them out with your card on deck and return them and they check off your name. But I know they also let you leave them in your room. Do the room attendants keep this list up too? I know my kids have left pool towels on chairs at various times and we have yet to be charged. Has anyone ever been charged for returning a towel the wrong way? Or leaving it on a chair vs turning it in?

I have only cruised with a single passenger, not in a family-type situation with kids. I brought a few of my own towels because I didn't want to have to keep up with my own towel that I "rented" from RCCL, plus I wanted to be able to recognize my towel from others'.

Ultimately, my BF and I did check about 1 towel a day apiece. We always made sure that the attendent physically scanned our Seapass to clear the towel return. I'm not sure if dropping if off in your room for your attendant to receive would be the best (or most comforting) idea, for me at least. I think even if others post that they have had success with this, I'd still be leery of the thought.

On the Serenade in Jan we didn't have to even show your Sea Pass. We got 4 towels each day. There was no record of what we took or what came back with. We did always come back with them, and turned them in as we re-boarded each day.

On the Serenade in Jan we didn't have to even show your Sea Pass. We got 4 towels each day. There was no record of what we took or what came back with. We did always come back with them, and turned them in as we re-boarded each day.

We've always turned in ours too- somewhere and I wonder if we were never charged b/c the credit was made up either in our room or on deck or if they really track them at all.

They are not as "on top" of the towel situation as they would make you believe. You should have 1 towel per person in your cabin. You can get extras on the pool deck. Sometimes, they make you sign them in and out. Sometimes, you'll sign them out, but there's no one to sign them back in! (If the sign-in book is there, do it yourself!) sometimes, we'd sign out extra towels, and leave them in our room and the attendant would replace them with clean towels.

There are plenty. Do NOT bring towels. And don't freak out about the towel situation. Just get what you need, and go about your business! Kids only need 1 towel--and let them get them on the pool deck. That's the easiest way.

On the Liberty we had to check out the towels with our seapass and they had to be checked back in by the last night of the cruise. There was always someone "manning" the towel station. The last day of the cruise we went to the towel station and gave him all of our room numbers and he let us know how many towels we needed to return yet.

You could bring them back to your room with you but the room attendant never took them.

You could bring them back to the towel station to exchange them for dry ones. You didn't need your seapass to do that.

You could bring them back to your room with you but the room attendant never took them.

You could bring them back to the towel station to exchange them for dry ones. You didn't need your seapass to do that.

This is why I stopped trying to keep up with it. We would take a towel back to the rooma nd come back and they would be gone. So we figured they'd get back some way or another.

Ok, we've sailed RCCL several times now and I don't understand the towel exchange process. I know you are SUPPOSED to sign them out with your card on deck and return them and they check off your name. But I know they also let you leave them in your room. Do the room attendants keep this list up too? I know my kids have left pool towels on chairs at various times and we have yet to be charged. Has anyone ever been charged for returning a towel the wrong way? Or leaving it on a chair vs turning it in?

I have only cruised with a single passenger, not in a family-type situation with kids. I brought a few of my own towels because I didn't want to have to keep up with my own towel that I "rented" from RCCL, plus I wanted to be able to recognize my towel from others'.

Ultimately, my BF and I did check about 1 towel a day apiece. We always made sure that the attendent physically scanned our Seapass to clear the towel return. I'm not sure if dropping if off in your room for your attendant to receive would be the best (or most comforting) idea, for me at least. I think even if others post that they have had success with this, I'd still be leery of the thought.

they really make you "check out" towels? nice!!!

The SERIOUS, must-scan-your-SeaPass system is only on the Liberty of the Seas so far.

On Explorer during the first 3 days there were no restrictions regarding pools towels: everybody could take as many as he like, without formalities. From day 4 until the last day, there was a pool attendant keeping note of the cabin number and writing it down on a paper (example: cabin #6666, +2 towels) ; no SeaPass needed (so everyone could give a wrong number....). When you give back the towel he wrote down on the same paper (example: cabin #6666, -2 towels). You can imagine what a long list they have to check... It's crazy for me...

Fortunately, from day 4 our cabin attendant left in our stateroom towels "free" every day, to use on the pool deck or on the beach. So, no problems at all.

The SERIOUS, must-scan-your-SeaPass system is only on the Liberty of the Seas so far.

They scanned our seapass or wrote down the info (when the scanner was broken..:eek:) last Thanksgiving on the Independence.

The whole thing was a pain, sometimes you had to wait up to ten minutes to check a towel in or out :( if it was crowded

I like to buy a beach towel from the ship I'm on as a souvenir. QM2's were incredible, but at $45.00, didn't buy one! Celebrity's were also very nice and worth the $25. Haven't been on RCL in a few years, are they decent beach towels?

I like to buy a beach towel from the ship I'm on as a souvenir. QM2's were incredible, but at $45.00, didn't buy one! Celebrity's were also very nice and worth the $25. Haven't been on RCL in a few years, are they decent beach towels?

I don't know the price on RCL.

They are quite good towels but I don't know if are good as souvenir, because they are "anonymous", without logo or something special...

I don't know the price on RCL.

They are quite good towels but I don't know if are good as souvenir, because they are "anonymous", without logo or something special...

The towels on the Liberty were nice beach towels with Royal Caribbean written on them. They were blue and white.

The charge was $20 a piece if you didn't return them.

Recently on the Freedom they just handed us towels each day at the pool w/out asking to see our seapass, or our room number. Our room attendant kept putting only one towel back in the room each night, so we'd need to get more at the pool. Never a question asked.

And on Indy this April, althougth the towel were nice blue and white ones with Royal Caribbean on them, not the usual beige ones, the charge for non return was $20.00 per towel.

Archived