recycling clothing among cc members

Hope you received the postage money I sent to your Paypal account. I THOUGHT you responded and said you got it. What color shoes did you wear with the gown? Thanks again

Marguerite

Hi Marguerite! yes I received the money thru Paypal.:) The email I didn't receive was the first one that you sent telling me you received the dress, but obviously I know that you did. LOL Sorry for the confusion! I wore silver shoes and silver jewelry.

Hello ladies, I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to check in. Anyway, I'm still looking for the elusive tank. My 2 pc outfit consists of off white flyaway pants and a matching "jacket type" top. This top is very sheer, about tunic length and is meant to be worn over something. I have a satin off white cami but I was hoping to find something a little dressier or with a pop of color.

Wow, another Jersey Girl in Texas! I'm one, too.

How about a jewel tone satin cammi? deep pink or deep blue come to mind.

I have been lurking here for ages as I generally get my cruise dresses at the thrift store then donate them back when I'm bored, but I have this really nice knit tank dress that has a batwing bolero-length jacket that I'd like to offer. It's a petite medium and is a bright scarlet red. The tank dress is fuller at the bottom and does not cling. It was too big for me when I bought it and I wore it once. It can be dolled up with some glitzy jewelry and maybe a belt.

The photos don't really show the color. It's scarlet. It's washable.

kelliepoodle@yahoo.comred-dress-1.jpg.c7fb1e331eadc04cb3bfd0aac358ae9c.jpg

red-dress-2.jpg.000c3e6e08d6d2971594baeb525ecf7f.jpg

Hey gang! I know I'm going out on a limb here, but you are such a nice group, I figured I could ask this....

When I was on my on board the Monarch of the Seas, I saw the cutest rhinestone tank tops in the gift shop. They said things like "Deck Diva" and "Cruise Chick". I REALLY regret not purchasing these tops and I don't know when I will sail on Royal Caribbean again. Would anyone be willing to pick up a few tanks for me? I will happily prepay for the tanks and send money through PAYPAL, I promise!!! I've searched and search on line. I even attempted to make one of my own but nothing looks as cute as the original.

If anyone is willing to help me out, my email address is meredisney@aim.com

Edited by Meredisney

Hey everyone I need some fashion help!!! We are coming to New Orleans a couple days prior to cruising and plan to take in some Mardi Gras festivities...Looking for something "fun" to wear. I'm a 52 y/o, size 12. Any suggestions..Still look good in short skirts and heels!

Hey gang! I know I'm going out on a limb here, but you are such a nice group, I figured I could ask this....

When I was on my on board the Monarch of the Seas, I saw the cutest rhinestone tank tops in the gift shop. They said things like "Deck Diva" and "Cruise Chick". I REALLY regret not purchasing these tops and I don't know when I will sail on Royal Caribbean again. Would anyone be willing to pick up a few tanks for me? I will happily prepay for the tanks and send money through PAYPAL, I promise!!! I've searched and search on line. I even attempted to make one of my own but nothing looks as cute as the original.

What size are you? I think I know the tanks you are talking about.

Oceanbreezer and I are sailing together in a couple of weeks on the Serenade. If she knows what tops you are talking about maybe the two of us together could get them for you. email me waterbugmom at hotmail.com

Oceanbreezer and I are sailing together in a couple of weeks on the Serenade. If she knows what tops you are talking about maybe the two of us together could get them for you. email me waterbugmom at hotmail.com

Thanks oceanbreezer and waterbugohio! You have no idea how you've made my day! I sent you an email waterbugohio!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All! I just found this thread and read it all the way through. I am going on a cruise Nov 11 out of NOLA. Anyone have palazo (sp?) type pants with a top? Size 20/22 I have a couple of dresses that I will post as soon as I can take pics. Thanks to all!!!

• 1 month later...
You are welcome to do whatever you wish with your clothing, but instead of trading with other fortunate cruisers why not put together a donation to the Red Cross or a religious charity in the ports of call?

I donate plenty of casual clothes, business attire, and money to charities in my area (I live in the foothills of Appalachia). When it comes to my formal and cocktail dresses that I no longer wear, well quite frankly, I prefer to give them to another cruiser that will enjoy them on their cruise. JMHO. :)

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful Dress. How tall are you? Wondered how many inches I would have to hem? I am 5 ft 1/2 inch.

Very interested!:D:)

Hey everyone I need some fashion help!!! We are coming to New Orleans a couple days prior to cruising and plan to take in some Mardi Gras festivities...Looking for something "fun" to wear. I'm a 52 y/o, size 12. Any suggestions..Still look good in short skirts and heels!

If you are parade viewing, dress comfortably! Don't even think about heels and a skirt. The streets are hard to navigate and you will do lots of walking. I'd suggest a great pair of jeans and flat boots or comfy shoes. Buy yourself a Mardi Gras shirt while you are there. The stores are brimming with them and they range from a simple tee to a fancy beaded tux shirt. And then take it along on your cruise. You'll see lots of Mardi Gras wear on a cruise out of N.O. at that time of year. Mardi Gras colors are purple, green, and gold...so if you find a great top in those colors before you leave, grab it!

Have fun and be careful! It is a wild time!

Beautiful Dress. How tall are you? Wondered how many inches I would have to hem? I am 5 ft 1/2 inch.

Very interested!:D:)

I'm 5'3" and had about a 3 inch heel on. Let me know. It's all yours if you want it!

I'm 5'3" and had about a 3 inch heel on. Let me know. It's all yours if you want it!

That's Great!!

Please email me at metslr@hotmail.com and tell me how this works. It would be better to communicate that way.

Thanks a lot!!!

I am really excited and as you can see we are going on a Valentine's cruise really soon. :cool::p

I have a tremendous amount of "cruise dresses" that I am going to get rid of. ALL heavily beaded (they travel well, even though they are heavy). Size 6-10, depending on the manufacturer.

Most are reds, oranges, silvers. I have one black and silver that I absolutely love but the shoulders have these huge shoulder pads to support the material and I have never taken the time to get them out. Looks kind of dated with the huge shoulder pads. There is a white, iredescent that is completely covered in pearl colored sequins which I got in Bali from a missionary who works with ladies who do beading.

These are fancy, fancy gowns. But VERY easy to wear-just put on the underwear and slip on the dress. MOST have sleeves-most have LONG sleeves. Anyone interested??? If so, either email or ask me to post pictures.

I have a tremendous amount of "cruise dresses" that I am going to get rid of. ALL heavily beaded (they travel well, even though they are heavy). Size 6-10, depending on the manufacturer.

Most are reds, oranges, silvers. I have one black and silver that I absolutely love but the shoulders have these huge shoulder pads to support the material and I have never taken the time to get them out. Looks kind of dated with the huge shoulder pads. There is a white, iredescent that is completely covered in pearl colored sequins which I got in Bali from a missionary who works with ladies who do beading.

These are fancy, fancy gowns. But VERY easy to wear-just put on the underwear and slip on the dress. MOST have sleeves-most have LONG sleeves. Anyone interested??? If so, either email or ask me to post pictures.

i would be interested in the white iridesent one. Please email me at tngaloha at yahoo dot com. Thanks. and please post pictures of the others.

That's Great!!

Please email me at metslr@hotmail.com and tell me how this works. It would be better to communicate that way.

Thanks a lot!!!

I am really excited and as you can see we are going on a Valentine's cruise really soon. :cool::p

Hi again LParente,

I re-quoted your message and my reply in case you missed it on the other page. I am cruising for Valentines Day and am really excited about perhaps wearing this beautiful dress for formal night.:)

My birthday was today so my DH treated me like a princess by making me a wonderful supper. It is nice to be spoiled once a year.:D

Hi again LParente,

I re-quoted your message and my reply in case you missed it on the other page. I am cruising for Valentines Day and am really excited about perhaps wearing this beautiful dress for formal night.:)

My birthday was today so my DH treated me like a princess by making me a wonderful supper. It is nice to be spoiled once a year.:D

I sent you an email. I guess you didn't get it. Send me your address to LParente@aol.com. I'll mail it out ASAP. I'll let you know how much postage was. Enjoy!!!

I sent you an email. I guess you didn't get it. Send me your address to LParente@aol.com. I'll mail it out ASAP. I'll let you know how much postage was. Enjoy!!!

You have email. I am so excited! I have been checking my email at least 3 times and day and checking this board at least 4 times a day. :):cool:

Could you kindly post some pictures of any reds and the black and silver. I sew and do alterationsd so I feel pretty sure I could take out the football shoulders. Hows are the sixes running? Do the 8s run large and the 10s small?