recycling clothing among cc members

I have sent an email asking for the first black dress please

edited to add.

it is beautiful. I was sat here waiting for this for hours. lol I sent the email a few mins ago, and so did not say anything more than that I wanted the dress. I will follow up with a better email that gives any info you may need.

Hi Bowsprit, Beejay4016, and Cathy.

Did you receive the package? Please let me know. I really don't want to go to the post office.

Thanks

M

Edited by Porthopper101

Did you receive the package? Please let me know. I really don't want to go to the post office.

Thanks

M

Hi Marie. Nothing for me as yet. However, as I said before I do find that anything coming from the States takes quite a long time. I can order stuff from the UK or Europe (say from The Book Depository) and usually get my goods within the week, but from the USA it takes ages. I hardly buy anything at all from Amazon, for instance, because it takes so long - I've been stuck with birthday gifts that I've bought not turning up on time, etc. Please don't get stressed; I'm sure it will turn up soon.

Cheers .. Bev

Thanks

M

Hi Marie,

No, I still have not received your package yet, can't understand why. I have been home in the morning hours when the mailman delivers hoping that he will have something for me that day, but so far nothing.icon9.gif

Thank you,

Cathy

The Fed Ex man did it to me again. Yesterday, as I arrived home from lunch out with my DH, I spotted a white piece of paper stuck to the front door. A Fed Ex truck was sitting directly in front of our house. I barely waited for DH to stop the car before I jumped out to catch the driver before he pulled away. Once again, the delivery was not for me - my neighbour had a new iphone 5 delivered. Double disappointment. I would love a new iphone, but have a year left on my contract.

The notice on the door was an advertisement for a snow removal service!!!!

I think I am going to start having nightmares about Fed Ex. lol

That is just not fair! :)

Yes, precisely one week from the day I first contacted RIM, a new Playbook arrived at my home. They paid shipping costs both ways.

To my surprise (we are originally from K-W, home of RIM) my tablet was sent to Tennessee for servicing. Amazing how fast I got it back.

They also gave me a full year's warranty again with the new tablet, and 90 days tech support. Nice.

Yes, precisely one week from the day I first contacted RIM, a new Playbook arrived at my home. They paid shipping costs both ways.

To my surprise (we are originally from K-W, home of RIM) my tablet was sent to Tennessee for servicing. Amazing how fast I got it back.

They also gave me a full year's warranty again with the new tablet, and 90 days tech support. Nice.

That's good! Hopefully you don't have to reload it all AND you didn't need to attack the Fed Ex dude. :)

That's good! Hopefully you don't have to reload it all AND you didn't need to attack the Fed Ex dude. :)

Reloading tablets is easy because you don't have all the software or files that you do on a computer. I use Dropbox for transferring important files.

Books were easy to re-load, because I only had to copy and paste books and movies from my PC. Best of all, all my apps appeared in App World as "Uninstalled", so I just had to click to re-install. I was REALLY happy to see they were all there.

I know you guys normally swap dresses but I have 2 pairs of really nice heels that I am trying to find a home for. They both are a size 9, one black the other silver. The black ones have a 3 1/2" heel and the silver ones are about 2 1/2". I've worn the black ones once and the silver ones twice so they are not worn out or anything. I was in a hurry when I bought them but really never liked them. Dumb huh. :o But anyway, if anyone is interested just give me a shout. kanitter1 at aol.com

HPIM0585.jpg.cc716c9fb3777713a0aad9347f5f3600.jpg

HPIM0586.jpg.af33acf89cbec4e3255af24e6a167c9a.jpg

HPIM0588.jpg.c0787beb8798300bb44eb23c5b7786f1.jpg

HPIM0587.jpg.94580e2b7a3a222daba6cd7c58f21f5d.jpg

Are your cats abominable snow cats like my Yeti, Meh-Teh and Mirka? Or part Siamese?

Oh, dear, no, not at all a snow cat or any fancy kit! One is just a part Siamese with some calico and who knows thrown in. Your avatar just reminded me of her. Got her from a kill shelter years back.

My cats are all 1/2 Siamese. 2 are also 1/2 Ragdoll. Names are all versions of names for the abominable snowman, hence snow cats title.

My 3 are from no kill shelters.

Thanks for the lesson..........only recognized Yeti name although like the other ones, too. Wonderful adoptions! Last cat brought in (Manx) is from a hoarder. Totally new experience. Best end this discusion since it's not on fashion, though. Apologies to others for getting so far off topic!

Thanks for the lesson..........only recognized Yeti name although like the other ones, too. Wonderful adoptions! Last cat brought in (Manx) is from a hoarder. Totally new experience. Best end this discusion since it's not on fashion, though. Apologies to others for getting so far off topic!

I thought it was fun and interesting to read ..thanks;)

Okay, I'll make the cat (or dog) discussion on topic. How many of you have to pack a sticky roller in your suitcase because there is no way to get all the pet hair off your clothes before you pack? With two golden retrievers, I should own stock in sticky rollers!

Okay, I'll make the cat (or dog) discussion on topic. How many of you have to pack a sticky roller in your suitcase because there is no way to get all the pet hair off your clothes before you pack? With two golden retrievers, I should own stock in sticky rollers!

Pretty sneaky, but yes. :D

It doesn't help when the cats keep packing themselves. We have to do a tail count before we lock the bags. One is a burrower.

You know, we animal lovers have our own thread. Come on over and you can brag all you want. Share your photos, too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35716040#post35716040

Yes. I am a member of that thread as well. Sorry for the hijack. Does packing cats belong there??

Of course. Not on this thread though - remember, this is a recycling thread. None of us here would want to recycle our pets. :eek::p

The funny thing is that my roll call has also turned into a cat lover's thread. I can tell that we are going to be a congenial group.

And now, back to recycling.....

I will start the recycling thread back up with a huge shout out to my friend Amy who keeps sending me beautiful things from California.:D I just received my new Kenneth Cole wide leg jeans and they are incredible! Great quality and perfect fit!!! I can't say thank you enough Amy.:) I am waiting to see what you come up with next!!!!:p

Donna

Of course. Not on this thread though - remember, this is a recycling thread. None of us here would want to recycle our pets. :eek::p

I won't ever recycle my pets, but they have been recycled. Both of these were given up by their original owners. Okay, okay, enough with the off-topic!

808936246_cooper4bd.jpg.8fdf3d0cc86d3fdd2da43ab1ac3ee6ba.jpg