recycling clothing among cc members

Good morning ladies,

This is BCBG gown, size M. It is really lovely gown. However, the fabric is rough on the skin. I tried it on yesterday, I did not like it.

8252880856_b30eaebe1b.jpg

This is one of my favorite gowns for my next cruise. I took it in for dry cleaner, they sunk it :mad::(. If you are, sizes are M and have a smaller bra size it is still fit you. I usually buy a bigger size then have it altered to fit me. I am 34 DD. I ordered a replacement :D.

8251811781_0d4538d97a.jpg

Marie

g2liv0702@yahoo.com

Marie,

This week I started reading the dress thread and loved seeing the pictures of your grand cruise. As the others have said, you looked stunning and every set of pictures made me smile. Each picture was an inspiration.

Running across someone as generous and thoughtful as they are beautiful, has certainly made my day! Thank you so much for all that you've shared. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgeries.

Patti

Please excuse the "slightly edited" version of me in my recycled dress.:D I do not like to post my photo online.

I have never asked for a recycled dress because, well, I am built funny. At a mere 5'1", it is difficult for me to find a dress that fits well. Designers of petite dresses sometimes do funny things like just shortening the sleeves and length. So it is with great pride that I post a dress donated to me by the lovely C. I only had to shorten the straps and lop and inch off the hem to take it to mid knee.

This will be a great dress to take on our cruise. There is little material and it does not wrinkle easily, so it will pack well. Best of all, I don't need to wear either bra or Spanx. The bust fits securely but comfortably and the skirt fits loosely enough that I don't have to suck in my stomach. As a result, it feels like I am wearing nothing!

That, to me, is the perfect cruise dress! Thanks, C.

Burm_Xeroxface.jpg

burm, that dress looks quite lovely on you--but I'm not crazy about the make-up you've chosen.

I am hurt. I thought I looked particularly fetching. (pun intended- although he usually prefers that I do the fetching) :D

Hi Berm,

I just want to say that I think you look marvelous in you blue dress, cat head and all!!

Thank you. I am actually much prettier with the cat make-up on. :D

The cat is currently helping me put up the Christmas tree. He has dragged the skirt to a more comfortable spot from which he can supervise the activities. DD has just sent me a photo of her cat also snoozing comfortably on her tree skirt. At least she got to put hers under the tree first.

Please excuse the "slightly edited" version of me in my recycled dress.:D I do not like to post my photo online.

I have never asked for a recycled dress because, well, I am built funny. At a mere 5'1", it is difficult for me to find a dress that fits well. Designers of petite dresses sometimes do funny things like just shortening the sleeves and length. So it is with great pride that I post a dress donated to me by the lovely C. I only had to shorten the straps and lop and inch off the hem to take it to mid knee.

This will be a great dress to take on our cruise. There is little material and it does not wrinkle easily, so it will pack well. Best of all, I don't need to wear either bra or Spanx. The bust fits securely but comfortably and the skirt fits loosely enough that I don't have to suck in my stomach. As a result, it feels like I am wearing nothing!

Burm_Xeroxface.jpg

Burm ~ You look amazing in that dress. I am sure that I saw that CAT lady in the mall shopping the other day but I had no idea it was you. ;);) Seriously, it looks very nice. I know you will really look spectacular on your cruise.

It is always fun to see how different two women look in the exact same dress - as long as it isn't at the same time, same event. :D

Oceanbreezer, I usually aim for "acceptable". rather than "spectacular". That way I am seldom disappointed. :D

If you were at Masonville on Thursday afternoon, yes, the cat lady was probably me. :) There are not too many of us around.

Burm_Xeroxface.jpg

Gee, I don't know why you hide your face - it's gorgeous. I have a little four legged friend who looks very much like you, so perhaps you're related.

Anyway, all joking aside, that dress is a stunner. The colour is just lovelly and it's really elegant. You should have a wonderful time as you obviously feel great in it. :)

Gee, I don't know why you hide your face - it's gorgeous. I have a little four legged friend who looks very much like you, so perhaps you're related.

My great beauty has always been a problem. Strange men keep wanting to scratch me behind my silky ears. But I just politely purr and ignore them. :p LOL

I wanted to share me wearing my gorgeous dress, compliments of Marie. Thanks so much! There is still something about wearing a long dress that makes me feel like a little girl playing dress up!

P. S. If anyone is interested in this dress, I'd be glad to pass it along. It's a size 10, Jessica Simpson. Built-in bra, full length (floor length on me, and I'm 5'8"). Very very nice dress.

I wanted to share me wearing my gorgeous dress, compliments of Marie. Thanks so much! There is still something about wearing a long dress that makes me feel like a little girl playing dress up!

Such pretty colours. You look lovely, Amy.

P. S. If anyone is interested in this dress, I'd be glad to pass it along. It's a size 10, Jessica Simpson. Built-in bra, full length (floor length on me, and I'm 5'8"). Very very nice dress.

Hi Amy, I am interested in the dress if its still available. I remember when M posted it and I loved it. You look beautiful in it also. If you tell me your email I can send you info.

thanks

brenda

Burm_Xeroxface.jpg

Lovely dress - but have you thought about electrolysis?

• 2 weeks later...