recycling clothing among cc members

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can some one remind me how to put a picture on here.......I have a couple of things to offer!

The easiest way I've found is to open the picture in any viewer/website, copy the picture, then paste it into the reply box here using the regular copy/paste functions. Not sure if this works with the "quick reply" box, but it's how I post photos using the regular "post reply" box.

I'm new here to the boards, and stumbled across this thread while perusing. I bought a couple of dresses for my last cruise on ebay, but this is just amazing that people would do this for each other. Kind of restores my belief in humanity, kwim? :)

I'm cruising on the 28th of this month and wish I'd found this site sooner. I'll be sure to come back often and just may have to offer up some of my dresses and look for new ones for myself as well.

Keep up the kindnesses, everyone. You are awesome!

Hey ladies, I have a few dresses I was thinking of posting on here. I'm not sure how each of you handle this, but I was going to post each, and the first person who wants a particular dress, I will mail it to. It won't be "fancy" mailing, just folded nicely, bagged, then put into a small box, if that works.

There are two satin like cocktail dresses, size 16. One is ivory strapless, the other a coral dress with spaghetti straps. They have been worn once.

Another would fall into the category of semi formal, maybe? It's loose fitting and taffeta like, again a size 16.

The last is a full length formal dress, soft gold, never worn. I kind of messed up on this, since it wasn't a good style for me, and needs a ton of alterations for my shape. When all is said and done, it still won't be quite right.

I will try to come back and post pictures, maybe today? The thing is, I won't be able to ship any of them right away, I don't think. My cruise is in 3 weeks, and I've been doing a lot of last minute things.

Laurie, no one will really care how you pack anything.:)

Yes, the first person to contact you gets what you have and the original agreement is they will reimburse you for the shipping. The "terms" seemed to have worked very well with all involved. I'm sure your things will be snapped up quickly.

BTW, very pretty gown.

Edited by iheartbda

Hi Laurie, I would love to see the dresses you have in 16s. I love the gold one and coral sounds fantastic. Is there an email I should contact you at if they are still up for grabs? :) I would love the gold one if it hasn't been claimed yet!

Appreciate it,

Sarah :)

Edited by sarahmkruse

My email address is laurspag at hotmail dot com.

So that you have the actual measurements of the dress, they are:

Bust 43

Waist 36

Hips 45

It is actually a 16W. The other dresses I have are size 16 only. Once again, I will post each of those separately, hopefully today!

Here is another dress:

JCP2-1.jpg

This is a size 16, never worn. As a matter of fact, the tags may still be on it, but I'm not positive.

Once again, my email is laurspag at hotmail dot com.

It is soooo cute on! My problem is the neckline area. It's kind of embarassing to say, but I'm lopsided up on top, so the dress lays funny. I have to be very careful with the top part of any dress on me.

Hello everyone! As of this moment, all 4 dresses are gone! This was really fast! All dresses should be sent this week. Enjoy!

BTW, I may be posting another one at some point. It's one of those dresses I can't seem to get rid of, but can't seem to wear either. Go figure! :rolleyes: