recycling clothing among cc members

• 3 weeks later...
Here is another dress:

JCP2-1.jpg

This is a size 16, never worn. As a matter of fact, the tags may still be on it, but I'm not positive.

Once again, my email is laurspag at hotmail dot com.

It is soooo cute on! My problem is the neckline area. It's kind of embarassing to say, but I'm lopsided up on top, so the dress lays funny. I have to be very careful with the top part of any dress on me.

It kills me that I missed this dress-- so beautiful :)

It kills me that I missed this dress-- so beautiful :)

Oh my gosh - After seeing this today - totally remined me I need to send out my postage check. Dang I forgot :(

But on a lighter side - after my cruise I will post this up for someone else to share. Please stay tuned.

Thanks and have a great day :)

I would love this dress. I have a son getting married this fall and this dress would be perfect!

I don't see an email address for you. Can you email me at dmets_garden@yahoo.ca please?

If you decide to pass this dress on after the wedding, I'd like first dibs! My stepdaughter just got engaged, but no date set yet! It is a beautiful dress for a wedding!! Be sure to post your picture wearing it!!

Can someone please tell me how this works. Looks like these are items we are recycling to other cruisers just for the cost of shipping right? I live in Canada so shipping to the US or other countries can get expensive.

Are there any ladies here that would be interested in dresses in a size 26W or 28W? I've recently lost 87 pounds and still working on it, am down to a size 18W so certainly have no use for the larger clothing any more. If there are interested ladies I'll happily post some pictures.

Can someone please tell me how this works. Looks like these are items we are recycling to other cruisers just for the cost of shipping right? I live in Canada so shipping to the US or other countries can get expensive.

Are there any ladies here that would be interested in dresses in a size 26W or 28W? I've recently lost 87 pounds and still working on it, am down to a size 18W so certainly have no use for the larger clothing any more. If there are interested ladies I'll happily post some pictures.

Congratulations on the weight loss! :D

Basically you just post a picture of the dress and it's size, along with your email address. I have recycled many of my cocktail dresses and gowns (like 14 total). Two of them I have sent to Canada and one to Australia. I think it cost around $25-30 USD for those shipments. That is still a lot less expensive than buying gowns.

Lisa

You are correct in your thinking about the postage. If someone is interested, they would gladly pay the postage.

If you have any size 20-22 I have a friend that would be interested.....Thanks....and congrats on the weight loss, that is great!

If you decide to pass this dress on after the wedding, I'd like first dibs! My stepdaughter just got engaged, but no date set yet! It is a beautiful dress for a wedding!! Be sure to post your picture wearing it!!

Yes it is very beautiful. :) Fyree39 decided to keep it and get it altered for herself so I don't have it. I am going shopping on Saturday with my DD to see if I can find something like it. Wish me luck! :)

please post I am in between 22-26 depending on the style, you can email me at alilcntry at hotmail dot com

Yes it is very beautiful. :) Fyree39 decided to keep it and get it altered for herself so I don't have it. I am going shopping on Saturday with my DD to see if I can find something like it. Wish me luck! :)

I sure don't blame Fyree39 for keeping the gown, it's beautiful!! Good Luck OceanBreezer!! Love to see what you find! I'm 51, and am having a hard time finding something that doesn't make me look like an old lady trying to look young!!

Edited by wrcjr98

I sure don't blame Fyree39 for keeping the gown, it's beautiful!! Good Luck OceanBreezer!! Love to see what you find! I'm 51, and am having a hard time finding something that doesn't make me look like an old lady trying to look young!!

I am 55 and could care less about what people thinks. If I think it looks good and I get compliments, who cares if it makes me look like I am 45.....age is just a number and unless you are a really wrinkled up "old" woman and your age really shows, go for it.....you are only as old as you feel

I am 55 and could care less about what people thinks. If I think it looks good and I get compliments, who cares if it makes me look like I am 45.....age is just a number and unless you are a really wrinkled up "old" woman and your age really shows, go for it.....you are only as old as you feel

Ya know what? That is really good advice! Thank you arhillbilly!! My husband tells me all the time that I shouldn't worry about what other people think!!

Okay this is a little off the recycled clothes subject, but I do want to recycle this if possible.

I do quite a few online surveys and recently I was sent a bottle of Chanel Vitalumiere fluid makeup in No. 07 Ivory. It has a pump dispenser so the contents are untouched. I tested this and used exactly four pumps. It's just not my thing and I sure won't trade my Bare Minerals for it! Anyway it sells for $55 and I don't want to just throw it away or store it until it gets funky and then throw it away! :D

Anyone want it? magandab at aol dot com

S161466_XLARGE.jpg

Edited by magandab

I totally agree with you on that! I am 58 and if I do say so myself, I look good for my age. I do have a lot of aches and pains, but looking at me, you would never know it...tee hee