Difference between balcony cabins?

MCManders99

Especially for the Spirit, what is the difference between the regular balcony and the 9a premium balcony. Is the cabin alittle bigger, the balcony alittle bigger? I also noticed the the 9a cabins that fit 3 are all behind the elevators. Are they noisy? Not sure if it is worth the extra money or should I just book a regular balcony. We are looking at booking an Alaska 2010 cruise, so the balcony and cabin is important to us as we will have a 2 1/2 yo with us.

My parents had a Cat 9 behind aft elevator on the Legend last fall....room was very nice, bigger than a regular room. I had a Cat 11 and felt that my room was small compared to theirs. I had a much bigger bathroom but they had more floor space...their balcony was smaller and we could see the tops of the life boats which was level with the floor of the balcony. I never heard any noise from the elevator....was really handy to the lido deck [we were on the main deck]. For my money, I think I would get the Cat 9 over the Cat 11 next time...and yes, you will have plenty of room for your child...have a great vacation!

My parents had a Cat 9 behind aft elevator on the Legend last fall....room was very nice, bigger than a regular room. I had a Cat 11 and felt that my room was small compared to theirs. I had a much bigger bathroom but they had more floor space...their balcony was smaller and we could see the tops of the life boats which was level with the floor of the balcony. I never heard any noise from the elevator....was really handy to the lido deck [we were on the main deck]. For my money, I think I would get the Cat 9 over the Cat 11 next time...and yes, you will have plenty of room for your child...have a great vacation!

Is the balcony bigger than a standard size balcony? If I book this cat. I'll be looking at a higher deck so we aren't right by the lifeboats. Don't know if they ever lower them to test them, but on our first cruise in Alaska aboard the Sun Princess.. we were one deck higher than the lifeboats and early in the AM they lowered them one day and scared the living sh-- outta me :)

Do you have any pictures of the 9a?

I booked 2 Cat 9a balcony rooms for next summer on Miracle. I have done lots of research on these rooms because I too was worried about the elevators. The majority of the posts say that noise is not a factor. Rooms are appx 230sq with 85sq for balcony. I believe that regular rooms are 185sq with 40sq for balcony.

Here are some pictures that are on webshots. They are from the Legend, which is a spirit class ship.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/297...87173419VHQefK

I booked 2 Cat 9a balcony rooms for next summer on Miracle. I have done lots of research on these rooms because I too was worried about the elevators. The majority of the posts say that noise is not a factor. Rooms are appx 230sq with 85sq for balcony. I believe that regular rooms are 185sq with 40sq for balcony.

Here are some pictures that are on webshots. They are from the Legend, which is a spirit class ship.

Correct on all accounts, we usually book the 9As. We had Cabin 7301 on the Legend a few weeks ago. Wonderful room, even though near the elevators, we heard nothing, nada! Just booked the Triumph out of New Orleans and chose a CAT 11 because it was only $40 more pp, and the only 9As available were under the LIDO deck.

Do all the cabins have the single door to go out on the balcony (as I see in the pics) ? Are there sliders- like the other lines have? Just curious.

All the cabins have just a single door that swings out, no sliders.

Especially for the Spirit, what is the difference between the regular balcony and the 9a premium balcony. Is the cabin alittle bigger, the balcony alittle bigger? I also noticed the the 9a cabins that fit 3 are all behind the elevators. Are they noisy? Not sure if it is worth the extra money or should I just book a regular balcony. We are looking at booking an Alaska 2010 cruise, so the balcony and cabin is important to us as we will have a 2 1/2 yo with us.

Check here under 'extras' and specific deck/cabin you're looking for, it has the exact sq ft of all cabins/balconies. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/spirit.php

Great pictures! I've been looking for some 9A pictures for a while but haven't found much of anything until today. Thanx!

We were in a 9A on the Carnival Spirit last November. We just did a 9A on the Splendor (5/10-17). We enjoyed both of the cabins, but much preferred the 9A on the Spirit. On the Splendor, it was much like a larger, L shaped 8 balcony cabin. On the Spirit, it felt and looked more like a small suite.

Both ships had 85-90 sq ft balconies for the 9A's, but liked the Spirit balcony more, because it was deeper, with a little less width, but felt larger because of the depth. You will not hear the elevator at all.

If you book this on a Spirit class ship, I would book on either the Verandah or Empress deck. The 9A's on the Panorama deck are just below the Lido 24 hour pizza, and the 9A's on the Upper deck have a little view obstruction.

Would I book this for an Alaskan cruise??? Absolutely.

Thanks to all the good info in this thread, I just booked a 9a cabin for the March 7, 2010 sailing on the Legend. Having only stayed in standard size balcony rooms before, I am looking forward to having the extra space. I have a question however. I booked as an Early Saver so I am eligible for a price drop if there is one. So where can I go to find the current price for the 9a category ?

Just of the Miracle today and we were in a 9A on deck 6 room 6279 it was a great room no noise at all from the elevators or the hallway, the only thing you heard was balcony doors closing now and then and the view was great on the balcony, I would not have want to stay on a lower deck because the life boats would have blocked the view, the balcony is longer and wider, they had 2 chairs and a lounger. We had 4 in our cabin 2 adults and 2 children ages 3 and 5, we had plenty of room even with our two strollers. I have not downloaded my pictures yet but if you are interested I will post tomorrow.

Archived