IOS cabin choice help needed please

BarrieC

Can anyone suggest the best room out of these please. They are all D2 balcony cabins. All lot of them seem to be near the front elevators.

I have to make a quick choice. Main concern is view and noise so aiming for either 9382 or 9386 but just wanted to double check before committing. Its the independence of the seas Med cruise.

Cheers

Anyone please?

I'm now liking the look of 6364, near the back away from the elevators. Lower so less travel sickness issues. Are there any issues regarding the lifeboats etc? Do they restrict the view or anything?

First cruise so trying to get it as right as I can.

lifeboats are recessed under a deck so they will not be in your view.

Have you considered an aft balcony??

(i prefer being close to the aft elevators to make it easier to get to the food/pools. Being so far forward its a longer walk to eat. Not so bad in the begining but that trek feels real long half way through.

the hhigher you go the more you might feel the sway- make sure nothing is above or below you except cabins-- cant go wrong with any cabin that way

We just got off the Freedom and looking at your choices i would go with 9372. Walk to the elevators is not too far, you have cabins below and above you. You can walk up to Windjammer and the pool etc (they are on deck 11 and the cabin is far enough away from the hump so the hump should not block your view. We have cruised with RCI 3 times now and everytime we booked on deck 9. Very convenient to everything, especially if you can stay somewhat close to the midship elevator. We had no problems with movement, even though our cabin was a little bit more towards the middle of the ship infront of the hump. By the way for the once worried about elevator noise. We once booked a hump cabin on the Mariner and we were very worried about noice. We never heard the elevator once!!! The cabins and elevators are seperated by a hallway, so it really should not effect the noise. At least not on the ships we have been on.

Archived