UK/Europe New Cancellation,Transfer Policy & Deposit Increase

I have to beg to differ there on the CompleteCruiseSolution (Carnival Group) deposits, in relation to Costa at least.

Would respectfully suggest before correcting me you check your facts.

Whilst Costa may be part of the Carnival group they are not part of Complete Cruise Solutions. The CCS group consists of 4 operators. P & O, Cunard, Princess and Ocean Village.

thanks for that

For those who do book via a U.S TA, do you find the whole package cheaper? do you book your flights separately and just do the cruise booking via the US TA?

Thanks

Would respectfully suggest before correcting me you check your facts.

Whilst Costa may be part of the Carnival group they are not part of Complete Cruise Solutions. The CCS group consists of 4 operators. P & O, Cunard, Princess and Ocean Village.

Costa used to allow a change of booking from one date to another with just a 75 quid penalty admin fee. But since CCS changed that last year across all brands, you can no longer change to another cruise and keep the same booking reference, you forfeit the original deposit and have to rebook with a new deposit.

I know this cos last year I was able to shift a booking and only pay an admin fee, this year I was not and had to cancel.

thanks for that

For those who do book via a U.S TA, do you find the whole package cheaper? do you book your flights separately and just do the cruise booking via the US TA?

Thanks

Book "cruise only" with US TA and then book our flights myself :D

The prices can be cheaper booking with US TA...sometimes not..depending on when you are booking for..like if UK offers an Early Booking Discount that can make a difference.

One of the benefits with booking with US TA is you will probably find you wouldnt lose your deposit if you had to cancel, though I would suggest that if you are going to use a TA...no matter where...you check their policy regarding refunds/price drops/cabin changes etc.

Costa used to allow a change of booking from one date to another with just a 75 quid penalty admin fee. But since CCS changed that last year across all brands, you can no longer change to another cruise and keep the same booking reference, you forfeit the original deposit and have to rebook with a new deposit.

I know this cos last year I was able to shift a booking and only pay an admin fee, this year I was not and had to cancel.

Not disputing Costa's Ts and Cs merely stating that the Complete Cruise Solution group does not in anyway shape of form incorporate Costa Cruises which is simply owned by the Carnival Corporation.

Just had a thought here...C&A coupons..wonder how they will affect this new policy? :confused: After all it is a sort of price drop :confused:

Can we still apply them with our DIA balcony discount now combining is out the window:mad::confused:.

Hi,

We were on the Island Escape last year. (I know then she was still under Island Cruises half owned by Thomsons and RCI) But now she is fully in the Thomsons fleet and they haven't changed the style of the cruise.

We're back on her in December to the Canaries and then on Destiny next year for our 30th anniversary.

Berwyn

Berwyn

I am sure you will love your cruise through Thomsons, they really look after there customers, I just wish we had went with our gut instinct and stayed with thomsons.

Enjoy

Sandra

Morning all.

Liz: what dates you on Indy in 2011? Want to bring the family for my 60th...... sssssssssshhhhhh this is strictly between you and me!!

At the rate the recession is going though we may be on the Norfolk Broads in a barge......

Rich : Legal trade rules..... bah! I'm gonna become an MP and have the Jewel as my 2nd home.....

Sandra: We love the RCCL product. But the precruise experience is so unpleasant and fraught with issues. That comment about them being 'happy' with the changes. I'm so glad they're happy. Do they have a guest consultation group? Methinks not.

Hi Berwyn

Glad you enjoy the product, just wish there had not been so many changes and cutbacks since I booked. A lot of effort went into choosing this cruise as it's for my hubbys 60th and our 40th anniversary. I am sure we will enjoy as we always do have a brill holiday

Sandra

Morning all.

Liz: what dates you on Indy in 2011? Want to bring the family for my 60th...... sssssssssshhhhhh this is strictly between you and me!!

At the rate the recession is going though we may be on the Norfolk Broads in a barge......

Rich : Legal trade rules..... bah! I'm gonna become an MP and have the Jewel as my 2nd home.....

Sandra: We love the RCCL product. But the precruise experience is so unpleasant and fraught with issues. That comment about them being 'happy' with the changes. I'm so glad they're happy. Do they have a guest consultation group? Methinks not.

Oops sorry Linda just called you Berwyn slip of the hand

Can we still apply them with our DIA balcony discount now combining is out the window:mad::confused:.

Heck I dont know now...:confused: I had a sheet with all the combining info on it but now I dont know if that is any good now...oh geez I am confused :o

Do the new rules mean that if having booked online (when no all available cabins seem to show up) and then later I see a better cabin available, I can't change my cabin without the booking be classed as cancelled?

If I wanted to change the booking for another sailing, the original booking would be classed as cancelled?

If I wanted to add a post cruise stay, the original booking would be cancelled?

In other words, any changes would cause the original booking to be cancelled and thus lose my deposit and have to start all over again?

Pete can I use your questions posted here for email to RCCL UK tomorrow?

Does anyone else have any more?...may as well try and get all the answers at once.

Pete can I use your questions posted here for email to RCCL UK tomorrow?

Does anyone else have any more?...may as well try and get all the answers at once.

Hi Liz

Of course you may, I'd appreciate any clarification. Although I've only changed the cabin I've booked on one occasion, it was when a suite came available at little extra cost to our original booked cabin.

Thanks

Peter

OK. Thanks Liz.

The new cancellation link update on the website is still down.

Pete's questions are perfect.

Is there a cut off date for when the new rules will apply? Not sure if that's already been mentioned.

If I wanted to upgrade my cabin and pay the difference would I have to rebook and lose the deposit on the original booking? That's kind of like what Pete asked but he specified having booked online and I've booked direct with RCI.

Theoretically they should not apply new T&C's to existing bookings, made under old T&C's. However, be careful if you make a change and you are allowed to as part of that may then be agreement to the new terms and conditions.

In terms of price changes, they may simply make and any all reductions for new bookings only.

OK. Thanks Liz.

The new cancellation link update on the website is still down.

Pete's questions are perfect.

Is there a cut off date for when the new rules will apply? Not sure if that's already been mentioned.

If I wanted to upgrade my cabin and pay the difference would I have to rebook and lose the deposit on the original booking? That's kind of like what Pete asked but he specified having booked online and I've booked direct with RCI.

Just to clarify, when I said booked online, I did mean on the RCI site, not via a TA site. On the one occasion I changed cabins, it was in effect an upgrade, and I did it online via the RCI site.

Quite strange thinking about it, even if I wanted to, my reservation on the RCI site for this FOS cruise has never given me the ability to change cabins online and that's from originally booking in May 2008, whereas my 3 previous bookings all done with RCI online gave me that option.

Hi Liz

Of course you may, I'd appreciate any clarification. Although I've only changed the cabin I've booked on one occasion, it was when a suite came available at little extra cost to our original booked cabin.

Thanks

Peter

Thank you :D

Is there a cut off date for when the new rules will apply?

Good question, thanks Linda :D

Theoretically they should not apply new T&C's to existing bookings, made under old T&C's.

Ah now we all know how RCCL UK dont always stick to that rule :eek: so it will be interesting to hear what they say with regard to that.

Good point,thanks :D

Our cruise is quite a while off and I'm rapidly losing the will to carry on with RCCL. We're so discriminated in the UK. I don't see why anyone would select RCCL as a new cruiser against any other line now. I can see me eventually blowing the deposit I have and looking at other lines for a similar itinerary. I wonder if I can transfer this deposit to something less spectacular for later this year.

Our cruise is quite a while off and I'm rapidly losing the will to carry on with RCCL. We're so discriminated in the UK. I don't see why anyone would select RCCL as a new cruiser against any other line now. I can see me eventually blowing the deposit I have and looking at other lines for a similar itinerary. I wonder if I can transfer this deposit to something less spectacular for later this year.

Linda, I have been thinking the same way as you :(

With my Allure booking booked here and so far away I am having my doubts about keeping it.

With our Nov transatlantic I will keep that one here..due to flights etc all sorted.

For Indy 2011...well that booking will be made with US TA.

I think the difference here is we CCrs know about the differences in how RCCL was and how it is now...whereas newbies dont know any different really. RCCL is all for newbies these days...and that really peeves me off:mad:

Linda, I have been thinking the same way as you :(

With my Allure booking booked here and so far away I am having my doubts about keeping it.

With our Nov transatlantic I will keep that one here..due to flights etc all sorted.

For Indy 2011...well that booking will be made with US TA.

I think the difference here is we CCrs know about the differences in how RCCL was and how it is now...whereas newbies dont know any different really. RCCL is all for newbies these days...and that really peeves me off:mad:

I am a newbie I booked after lots of research in 2008. Looking at the book, ports of call, and the extras that were included I felt that this was one of the better options.

Since booking one port has been dropped with the possibilitie of another being dropped. I am hearing all the time about cutbacks quality of food declining not being able to upgrade without cancelling to name but a few. I fail to see how newbies are being treated better

I fail to see how newbies are being treated better

It is not a case of newbies being treated better it is more a case of past cruisers..in particular those who have cruised a few times with RCCL losing any perks/benefits they previously got. :(

It is not a case of newbies being treated better it is more a case of past cruisers..in particular those who have cruised a few times with RCCL losing any perks/benefits they previously got. :(

That I can emphasise with I have been reading all the threads and I would have been peeved too.

I was getting ready to book a MED cruise for 2011 but will now look at other options I do not like goalposts changing after the event

That I can emphasise with I have been reading all the threads and I would have been peeved too.

I was getting ready to book a MED cruise for 2011 but will now look at other options I do not like goalposts changing after the event

I love cruising with Royal Caribbean..I just dont like the way they treat us before our cruises sometimes...as in booking conditions etc.:(

Archived