IOS GS Cabin Question

The cabins on deck 10 aren't noisy. None of them are, really! You may hear if someone pulls a couple of lounge chairs across the deck, but that will be during "non-sleeping" hours. Don't worry.

Not quite true...I was just in OS 1620 on IOS and it was like they were dropping bowling balls above us at night....it was from the staff tossing :mad:loungers in place in the evening after deck cleaning...it occurred every evening between 2-3am. There are many people who will say there are NO issues...while there may not be as much issue in one room under the pool than the next I can pretty much assure you you will hear some kind of lounger related noise in almost any cabin under the pool area. I think it has much more to do with how soundly people sleep....if you are a light sleeper like me...you will hear it....if you sleep soundly like my wife and kids....they wake up saying..."what noise":confused:

Hear you go...from a review from that cabin on Freedom:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=742803&highlight=1578

Embarkation was fairly smooth. we arrived at the port around 11:30 and were in the windjammer by 12:20. (Gotta tell you, I was not that impressed with the honey stung chicken despite the reviews on this board.) We splurged a little this trip and went for a Grand Suite (1578). To quote Bill & Ted, the location and the stateroom were "most excellent." The only downside to the room/location is that you can absolutely hear deck chairs moving around from the pool deck. The sound is muffled, but noticeable nonetheless. Didn't bother us as it wasn't that loud, but I can see it annoying the heck out of some people.

Thanks - thats what I thought. We were in a category 8 on Disney a while back and couldn't figure out what the banging noise was at 6:00am - it was the staff filling the pool towel cabinets up. Too bad the GS's aren't a deck lower!

Those GS's under the solarium pool deck are more noisy than under the main pool. We had GS 1298 and it was under the main pool. We heard nothing.

The solarium floor is like a slate/ceramic type floor. So when the chairs scrape, they SCRAPE. And people have reported that they heard it above them.

The floor on the main pool has a type of carpet (like an indoor/outdoor fake grass carpet) and the chairs don't scrape against it. So underneath that pool we heard NADA. :D

So if you want a GS, go for 1298 or the one on the opposite side of the ship, I think it's 1598.

Archived