Question about Dunns Falls

lilfleck

Hey everyone,

I see that everyone who goes to Dunns Falls has those water sport type shoes. Where can I buy these? (or is this something they provide, which I doubt)

Wal Mart, Target have them. I think we even got our sons' at Payless.

Hey everyone,

I see that everyone who goes to Dunns Falls has those water sport type shoes. Where can I buy these? (or is this something they provide, which I doubt)

Can someone describe them? Would old throw away tennies do?:confused:

Elena

Can someone describe them? Would old throw away tennies do?:confused:

Elena

water shoes are typically rubber soled with an aggressive sort of tread to them, intended to help better grip on wet surfaces. the top part of the shoe is typically a fast-drying, stretchy material similar to what surfer's rash guards are made of - some sort of nylon / spandex blend.

tennis shoes would work just fine, though. :D

Walmart or Kmart or any discount department store shoe department will have them especially during the Summer months. They shouldn't cost more than $5 also. Sure old cotton sneakers would work, but they will be a little heavy on your fee.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

The rocks are slippery and the current over them is aggressive at times. The guides are barefoot, but climb the falls several times a day and are well conditioned to the rocks. You will be strongly advised against it. We found sturdy aqua shoes at WalMart for $6 and Target for $10. Target also carries Speedo brand for under $20 if you desire something more stylish.

Thanks for the response. One more thing for my shopping list!!

The rocks are slippery and the current over them is aggressive at times. The guides are barefoot, but climb the falls several times a day and are well conditioned to the rocks. You will be strongly advised against it. We found sturdy aqua shoes at WalMart for $6 and Target for $10. Target also carries Speedo brand for under $20 if you desire something more stylish.

Can the falls be enjoyed if you dont climb them--I know that my DW would never be able to and to be honest I wonder about myself-I do love the aging process

yeah, there's a path / stairs next to the falls that runs directly next to them - you can walk the whole course without ever getting in. not quite the same kind of experience, but you'll get to take it all in.

Hey everyone,

I have water shoes from Walmart and they fell apart. The shoes I wore up the falls were Mary Jane style mesh Champions from Payless. They were great, but I threw them away soon after because there was so much sand and rocks in them. Throw away tennis shoes would work, but I'd buy a pair of water shoes. They're always good to have. And the idea of renting water shoes kinda grosses me out.

Archived