Swizzle Inn

CruisnGram

We are arriving on a Sunday on Spirit and thought this would be a good place to go for lunch and a bus ride... question... which number bus goes from the Dockyard or is it easier to take the ferry to Hamilton and then a bus.... Wanted to go to Horseshoe maybe on this day

We were thinking of going for a late lunch after some sightseeing in St. George (taking the ferry from KW). Do you know which bus we would take from St. George? We then plan to take the bus from the Swizzle to Hamilton (would that still be #10 and #11?) and the ferry back to KW. Does this make sense?

Thank you!

We were thinking of going for a late lunch after some sightseeing in St. George (taking the ferry from KW). Do you know which bus we would take from St. George? We then plan to take the bus from the Swizzle to Hamilton (would that still be #10 and #11?) and the ferry back to KW. Does this make sense?

Thank you!

Perfect sense.

#10 and #11 are the ones. You can also take a #1 or #3 although it is a longer trip but good for anyone who has been to BDA before and wants a change of scenery. It goes past 2 of the big golf courses for which Bermuda is famous. We also passed Ariel Sands but we didn't see Michael Douglas or Catherine Zeta-Jones.:p:D

Perfect sense.

#10 and #11 are the ones. You can also take a #1 or #3 although it is a longer trip but good for anyone who has been to BDA before and wants a change of scenery. It goes past 2 of the big golf courses for which Bermuda is famous. We also passed Ariel Sands but we didn't see Michael Douglas or Catherine Zeta-Jones.:p:D

Thanks so much, Iheart! You are the best. We love the scenery - even with no celebrites. :) Which bus will I take from St. George to get to the Swizzle Inn?

The #10 or #11.

I know all these bus routes sounds confusing but there are only 3 main roads in Bermuda so you really can't go toooo far wrong.:)

Be sure to check the front door on the Swizzle for the "signature" from our Roll Call last year,The Bermundas.:p:D

The #10 or #11.

I know all these bus routes sounds confusing but there are only 3 main roads in Bermuda so you really can't go toooo far wrong.:)

Be sure to check the front door on the Swizzle for the "signature" from our Roll Call last year,The Bermundas.:p:D

Oh, Okay - I didn't realize it would be the same ones, but that means I don't have to remember as much which is always a good thing. :confused::rolleyes: I will indeed be checking the door! Cannot thank you enough - it is almost like having relatives on the island. :)

I may be pushing my luck, but I have one more question. I had been thinking that we didn't need day passes since we wouldn't be taking that many trips - I was going to get a book of tickets. But I just read that the tickets don't cover the ferries? So, now I think I should just simplify my life and get the 3 day pass. Is that right?

'muder,

The tickets DO cover the ferries.

I've even posted a scan of the brocure from the BDA Dept. of Trans. showing the wording but some still think the tickets aren't accepted on the ferry. Now, if it's changed from last year, that's another story.;)

Even if the tickets would not be good, a 3 day pass is not usually needed with the time you get in and then leave, if you plan your trips ahead.

'muder,

The tickets DO cover the ferries.

I've even posted a scan of the brocure from the BDA Dept. of Trans. showing the wording but some still think the tickets aren't accepted on the ferry. Now, if it's changed from last year, that's another story.;)

Even if the tickets would not be good, a 3 day pass is not usually needed with the time you get in and then leave, if you plan your trips ahead.

You are a gem!! Thank you. I read it online and we have already discussed how unreliable that can be. ;) But I thought I could trust Bermuda.com. I think we'll ask when we buy just for a final check if things have changed, but then plan to buy the tickets. Our trips are pretty minimal.

You are a gem!!

Some people don't think so.:D:p

Thank you. I read it online and we have already discussed how unreliable that can be. ;) But I thought I could trust Bermuda.com. I think we'll ask when we buy just for a final check if things have changed, but then plan to buy the tickets. Our trips are pretty minimal.

Yes, just ask and make any adjustments. We actually have some tix left from last year so with a new book of 30, we're good to go most anywhere.

Sometimes it's fun to take a ferry to nowhere in particular and especially if you get a "local". Cheapest sightseeing tour ever, except no narration and you don't know what you're seeing.:D

Bermuder, I second that she is right. The only thing not accepted on the ferry is "transfers". Tokens, tickets and passes are accepted on busses and ferries.

Thanks, Peg! If I have calculated right, we will make 16 trips, but of course things change. So, we are going to buy a book of 15 and then buy a token the last day if needs be. It'll be a lot less expensive than buying 2 3-day passes.

14 HOURS!!!! Have the bestest time!! :)

Archived