OBC Question/Transfer

cvrap

I've got several cabins booked with people not in the right cabin for past guest and military reasons. Now I've received some OBC on a couple of cabins. When I get everyone placed in the right room, am I going to be able to get the OBC moved also? How should I handle this?

Thanks!!

The OBC is attached to the first person usually in each cabin, doesnt matter where they sleep.

Since these people I assume are all friends, they need to work it out amongst themselves, Carnival isnt going to move the OBC, no.

I think we can work it out among ourselves. But when you say it's attached to the name, do you mean if I move to another room, will it follow me or stay with that cabin? Does that make sense?

The room is in myself and my husband's name but another couple are going to stay in that room instead of us. It's a long story!!! I messed up when I was booking the rooms (really a big problem with my TA and just booking too many cabins and got confused). We need a quad room and I'm changing to that one.

When you get onboard, its easy to get extra keys so you can enter another cabin, just tell the purser's desk you need a duplicate key to enter the other cabin, and the people booked in the cabin are there and say they agree.

If you are actually planning on moving folks around once onboard, that does sound like a bigger headache.

When you do your sign and sail cards, they are attached to each person, no matter where they sleep. Myself I wouldnt try to get the purser's desk to understand you booked folks into the wrong cabins, just ask for extra keys and trust that the others wouldnt go into whichever cabin uninvited they are not sleeping in .... i.e. you will have two cards each for those who change cabins, one is for charging things onboard, the other is just a key card to enter another cabin with no chargign priviledges.

.... or you can try and get the check in desk to change everyone, which is much harder for Carnival.

Maybe you can help me remember the best way to handle this.

There are 14 of us. I have filled out the Funpass and set everyone up with a cash account.

I had planned at check-in just to stand up there and call each person up to show passport and get onboard. Should I also at this point get each person's credit card set up on their sail and sign or do I do this at the purser's desk once onboard.

I think what you're saying is don't worry about the keys; we can just swap those around because they are separate from S&S card; right?

There are 14 of us. I have filled out the Funpass and set everyone up with a cash account.

I had planned at check-in just to stand up there and call each person up to show passport and get onboard. Should I also at this point get each person's credit card set up on their sail and sign or do I do this at the purser's desk once onboard.

Iv always done it when I set up the fun pass details, instead of setting it up as a cash account, but you can change it when you check in.

I think what you're saying is don't worry about the keys; we can just swap those around because they are separate from S&S card; right? yes, each person's account is separate, even if they share a cabin, their charges go to their own account when they charge anything with their sea pass card, not to the cabin. Charges are charged to the person, not to the cabin.

If both cabins agree, there is no problem getting extra key cards to swap the cabins around. If you want to try and change cabins officially, thats where its going to get hairy, but can be done, especially if its just the two cabins and you just needed a quad, they will do it. do it when you check in and let them handle it if you decide to officially swap cabins. It just may take more time so be patient.

I think what you're saying is don't worry about the keys; we can just swap those around because they are separate from S&S card; right?

This is the way I understand it...

The S&S accounts are handled at check-in/registration. It sounds to me like you have a good plan, especially if everyone is going to check in at the same time.

The S&S cards are your cabin key and ID (for embarkation and debarkation), and hold the account information. It's all on one card.

As far as switching cabins, that is done at the purser's desk. You need at least one person from each cabin present to let the purser know that this agreemable by all. On our last cruise, we switched cabins with the people next door. I went to the purser's desk with the wife from next door. Later our husbands went (each on their own) to get their cards programmed for the proper new cabin. The account info went with them, i.e., we didn't have any charges of theirs and they didn't have any charges of ours on the S&S accounts.

Archived