Which beach has the planes flying over it?

glentally

It is Maho beach and it actually is not far out of Phillipsburg and depending on traffic maybe 20-25 minute drive from the cruise terminal. It really is a lot of fun to go to. There is nothing quite like getting sand blasted from a 747 taking off!

When we were there several years ago, the highlight plane watching on Maho beach happened two or three times a week when the Air France 747 Jumbo Jet was scheduled to land around at 4:30 in the afternoon. What an experience! But not worth it if you would miss your ship.

Just went back to the previous post and played gtaylor's "view 4." It was of the Air France 747 I mentioned. That's the one to see come in. You can almost touch the wheels as it lands. There's only one runway at St. Maartin, and it's short, and the big 747 has to use every bit of it, so they land right at the edge next to the beach. Saw on another post that the Air France lands now at 2:28pm - but not sure on what days.

• 1 month later...

those were some of the coolest pictures ever! Thanks for sharing them. I am hoping to convince my siter to go there to watch the planes land. We are going the week of march 12thm is there a link where I can see what time the planes will land? I think if I can explain to her there is a very nice beach next door I think it's called Mullet she may go for it. Is it within walking distance to Maho> Also what time should we plan to leave in order to leave plenty of time back to the ship? We are on the Jewel of the sea and I think we depart at 6 but I wll have to doublecheck that. Can you see the planes almost as well from Mullet? Thanks your sites have great pictures and info!

those were some of the coolest pictures ever! Thanks for sharing them. I am hoping to convince my siter to go there to watch the planes land. We are going the week of march 12thm is there a link where I can see what time the planes will land? I think if I can explain to her there is a very nice beach next door I think it's called Mullet she may go for it. Is it within walking distance to Maho> Also what time should we plan to leave in order to leave plenty of time back to the ship? We are on the Jewel of the sea and I think we depart at 6 but I wll have to doublecheck that. Can you see the planes almost as well from Mullet? Thanks your sites have great pictures and info!

You can get a feel for the landing times at a page I've referenced many times before: Flytecomm . Use the airport code 'TNCM' in the 'Advanced section'.

Mullet is a fifteen to thirty minute walk to Maho.

For the landings, all that you can see from Mullet is the final; nothing compared to being at Maho.

Very cool shots Gary!

We were there a couple weeks ago while on the Explorer of the Seas. The Sunset Beach Bar is right there as well. They have great burgers. There’s a surfboard sign that indicates the flight arrivals and also that topless women drink free. I’ve included a photo of it here:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/278071714/278108025qeyEVl

Also one of a West Indies flight arriving:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/278071714/278108434yiperb

Archived