Cafe Caribe - Emerald Princess

lovevacadays

Can anyone explain the Cafe Caribe to me? It seems it is connected (back) of the Horizon Buffet. Is it another additional charge restaurant like the Crown Grill? On the Sapphire the restaurant at the back of the Horizon Court in the evenings was the Crown Grill.

Thanks

Michelle

No extra charges.

Sometimes both Horizon and Cafe Caribe are open, other times only one or the other. Both are Buffet lines but food selections differ between the two. Caribe is where they have the Seafood Buffet on the first night- lobster claws, etc. Great for a pre dinner snack if you are late seating.

Enjoy!

Café Caribe is further back; it's really just an extention of the Horizon Court buffet. There are a lot less people there. We would get our food and then walk to the CC. It was always more pleasant and we were usually be able to get a window seat.

Caribe is where they have the Seafood Buffet on the first night- lobster claws, etc.
Is that so? We have always enjoyed the first night seafood buffet in Horizon Court.

Lew

During breakfast Cafe Caribe serves more limited continental breakfast and usually there are no crowds and lines as most people don't bother going that far back. We usually eat cereal, yogurt and fruit for breakfast so that is our quiet spot most mornings.

The Café Caribe is a free buffet venue and is an extension of the Horizon Court. Many nights they have a themed menu and is announced in the Patters. We opted to eat there many nights on our Emerald cruise instead of the dining room. Really enjoyed the table cloths and candles and the service was excellent:)

I also "generally" ate in the Caribe while on my cruise last month. I enjoyed my dinners there and did enjoy their themed dinners; even though it did take me three trips through the lines to get everything.

I'd go through the salad line & take that back to my table, then I'd go back, get another plate and go through the entree line and take that back to my table; and by that time, one of the wait staff had brought over a glass of iced tea to my table. Then I'd finally go back to go through the dessert line.

I certainly never went to bed hungry!!

We enjoyed Cafe Caribe so much on our two Princess cruises that we had dinner there most evenings. It allowed us the flexibility to plan our evening around the entertainment we preferred, try several different dishes and we could dress more casually. We plan to do the same on the Ruby.

• 2 years later...
Cafe Caribe also has "themed" dinners like the German night which we really enjoyed and an Italian night.

We did experience the Cafe Caribe on the Crown. Not impressed at all and really didn't enjoy the German night. If deciding to do a buffet for dinner just stick to the Horizon Court Buffet which has more choice.

As others have posted, the Cafe Caribe is a second buffet area.

Breakfast: Less variety at Cafe Caribe than the Horizon Court with items thaqt Cafe Caribe does have being identical to the HC.

Lunch: If open at that time, will usually have different foods than the HC.

Dinner: Usually either the Horizon Court or Cafe Caribe will be open for dinner, but not both.

You can get your food in either buffet area and sit in either seating area.

Archived