Is waiting half the fun?

dna515

OK...I keep wishing that my cruise day was tomorrow! But then it got me thinking, it would be over before I knew it and then I would have nothing to look forward to anymore. :( Do you think the anticipation of waiting for your cruise is half the fun?

Just curious...

I think that waiting is half the fun. It gives you something to look forward to. I've never booked a last minute cruise, and I'm sure it would be exciting, but I think I would rather have plenty of time to research and dream about my vacation.

A lot of my fun (and the fun for my family) is in the anticipation too. I don't like it when we're a year out, but 3-4 months out it's fun with the count down, the this time next month we'll be ...... type talk. Once we booked a last minute, 2 weeks out vacation, and although the vacation was fantastic, a little was lost in not having much anticipation.

We started our count at 189 days and we're just 3 days away . . . . .

When I first book I think it's exciting, Dream for December 09 we booked 8/08, and the Freedom in December 2010 I booked a couple of months ago, but we did the Glory September 08. Now that we are under 200 days for the Dream and I have booked hotel, car and know which shore excursions we want it just seems so far away. I love the summer months so I do not want it to fly by, but come September I will be really counting down. Now just seems to be a do nothing time.

That's always been a problem for me.. The wanting to hurry but the realization that it is going to be all over if that hurrying comes true.

In fact I get a melancholy feeling once I am onboard. From that point on it is sort of downhill. I sooo want time to stand still.

There's a Mama Mia song I love and the title sort of describes my feeling on feeling when I am on my cruise. "Slipping Through My Fingers"

Slipping through my fingers all the time

I try to capture every minute

The feeling in it

Slipping through my fingers all the time

When my daughter was growing up that song really felt like my anthem. Then I realized I got the same feeling (on a smaller scale) when I cruised.

This is funny, my husband just commented to me this morning how much I enjoy planning and anticipating our cruise vacations! Due to the fact that we need adjoining cabins, we always need to book a year in advance. Our next cruise is on the Carnival Dream, next April! I sure have alot of time to research and follow the forums!

Archived